freeride parts

monkeymagic

Likes Bikes and Dirt
with these parts what would be the best brand and model for the use in freeride also could you give a rough guesstimate of prices... im just wondering.

stem
handle bars
bash guard
cranks
forks
brakes
seat
deraileur
frame

Darkness

Rotting Corpse Films
i'm not much of an all round FRer but i'd go for monster t's for the forks. Instead of brand new go for some good second handers, prolly round 1500 dollar mark for 2nd hand ones.
Frame. Craftworks or Kona Stab, theres so many good FRing frames out there. research some of the net and select.

G

monsters for freeriding?
go a nice sherman sc or a jr t for dc or something

monkeymagic

Likes Bikes and Dirt
how much are the shermans... and how much travel have they got?
im thinking my frame will only be able to take about 120 or 130 maximum i cant afford to buy new forks then snap my frame...

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
shermans for that frame have 130mm

brakes well depends how much cash
top of line Hope or Hayes
good value Avid Mech or Armour Hydro

deraillure, personally dont think you really need more then a Deore unless you get a good deal on a XT

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
bars/stem etc. Race Face.
Brakes and componentry. Shimano
Frame. too many to choose from

125PHIL

Likes Dirt
bazza said:
sell your bike and save up and get one of the new norco shore hardtails coming out.
second that, the new shore HT's from norco are seriosly bad ass and good value for money, and for the type of riding u are saying u wanna do, i would seroisly consider going one of them!

Rik

logged out
No offence, but you want the best freeride parts, for a hardrock? talk about overcapitalising, unless you intend on getting a better frame soon.

Anyway, as for parts:
I'd say maybe a Psylo or DJ fork, RaceFace gear for cranks bars stem seatpost, a cheap road derailleur with lx trigger pod, and some hope/hayes discs.

All depends on what you define "freeride" as, how hard you ride, and what your priorities are (strength/weight/price/image etc)

naz

Criminally Inane
diabolous stem bar seatpost, nxt years dj series, .243 frame :lol: , XT hydr brakes yum, road der.

Konaman

Likes Dirt
stem- rf diablous

handle bars- theres a thread on handlebars and [rp tapers seem to be the pic.

cranks- Profile ss

forks-z-150? or a sherman

brakes- hayes mag

deraileur- maybe the new saint one

AirDog

Likes Dirt
bars = ansell pro tapers = 130$
stem = ariel = 120$
wheels = 321 or 521 on decent hubs
brakes = 8" hays mechs or 6" hays hydros or armourhydros
forks = z1's or psylos
chain guide (a must if freeriding) i highly suggest tomach boys mrp's = 120$
cranks = raceface
derailer = 105

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I reckon u get that nice woodman frame and put a set of breakouts on it then, fill in teh rest with other nice goodies such as pro taper bars......