Freeride Hardtail Frames?

dirtjump4life101

Likes Dirt
I'm trying to make my way into a more Freeride style of riding. I have a reasonable idea on what i want but coming to you guys for help on frame choice. I'm around 6 foot and 70kgs i want a rather short frame like on the Banshee Morphine.

Cheers

mitchy-b

Likes Dirt
hey man i have a kona five-0 and im wrapped with it, ive done some pretty silly shit with it and it held up to it fine. also ride dh with it, im 6,5 and about 95kgs and i find it very good to ride, nice short frame, hope that helps man.
mb

le chat

Likes Dirt
Norco Manik etc
Norco Torrent
NS Surge
Cove Stiffee
Banshee Morphine if you can handle the weight
Transition Bank

micko01

Likes Bikes
Shame you missed Woody's Nicolai 2mxtb (1st link in Big Hair's post); I've got one and it sounds like it would fit your requirements perfectly. They are quite a short wheelbase, slack geo, ridiculously strong and stiff and heaps of fun.

Contact Nicho at Rouler he is the Nicolai importer. Thats where I got mine.

welliot

Likes Dirt
i wlould have to say deffinitly take a look at the norco hardtails, they have enough travel on the front end and are very strong bikes. good spec aswell:p

Steve the dog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeeaaaapppp norco really strong frames, tho I changed my forks to some 175mm triple clamps for the strength and add a bit more downhill into the bike