Freeride/DH lite

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have been riding for almost 15 years now (yep, started at age 5 :D) doing mostly XC/trail/enduro riding.

After a recent highly enjoyable experience at Menai riding some very sweet trails, I have been thinking about trying to find some more technical/fast stuff. The problem is that I am not yet a DH/FR convert (not until they put some lifts in around sydney), but it seems quite hard to find those kind of bermy, flowy trails with steepish roll-offs and even some small drops etc.

Are there any areas around sydney that the type of trails that you can learn on without mistakes leading straight to the ambo? Ie, something with the kind of things that someone with a bit of experience (ie not a complete beginner) can learn on and then transition to larger things?

greg09

Likes Bikes
Manly dam is pretty simple fire trail and single track, its got a good flow to it on some sections.

What bike are you riding currently?

MARKL

Eats Squid
Depends what your after but Oxford Falls offers a variety of different sized jumps that you can progress on from little with limited consequences :) to massive and a body bag :(. Oxy is also short enough to session different sections, eventually linking them up as you get better and progress.

good luck

ademb

Likes Dirt
Firstly, what section of Menai did u actually ride? The stuff towards the tip/reactor or the actual dh trails?