Freehub/Rear Hub Issue

Mugger

Senir oMermber
After a bit of advice on my Crankbrothers Wheels, when I have the axle done up on the rear hub the freehub isn't engaging (unsure if correct term) and the pedals are rotating as the bike rolls forward. However, when the bike's axle isn't done up - the freehub engages and the pedals are independent of the rear wheel when rolling forward.

Has anyone had a similar issue to this and knows a way forward without splashing the cash for a new set of wheels?

Flip666

Likes Dirt
After a bit of advice on my Crankbrothers Wheels, when I have the axle done up on the rear hub the freehub isn't engaging (unsure if correct term) and the pedals are rotating as the bike rolls forward. However, when the bike's axle isn't done up - the freehub engages and the pedals are independent of the rear wheel when rolling forward.

Has anyone had a similar issue to this and knows a way forward without splashing the cash for a new set of wheels?
My Bontrager hubs were also rolling pedals forward when wheeling the bike forward a couple weeks ago.
I pulled them apart and found the hub bearing behind the driver was notchy, changed that bearing and fixed.
Don't know whether that helps you but worth a look

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

rone

Eats Squid

Possibility that an axle spacer is missing between the back of the freehub and the hub body.

Being Crank Bros wheels, the temptation for sarcasm was practically overwhelming.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Bearing preload is too high on the interface between the freehub and hub shell. Or in the freehub itself. Pull the free hub off and start again. Mine has the same issue.

Mind you I've given up on them and they will soon appear on the market!!!