Frame sizes

jnatera

Likes Bikes
I am looking to buy a Cube bike off the net. My problem is that I am not sure what size. I am currently riding a Trek hardtail in an 18.5 inch.

Cube only make there bikes in 18 or 20 inch. So do it get the 20 inch and it maybe to big or do I get the 18 inch and find that it is to small. Would there be much difference between them.

The bike would be used for xc and enduros.

Thanks

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I recently purchased online. The only way I knew the bike was going to be the right size was by comparing all dimensions, not just size. ie Top tube, standover, size etc. The actual sizes between manufacturers were all over the shop. from 18" to 20" and med-large for the same/similar geometry and actual size.

Check the specs of your current bike and then compare with the new.

I ended up with a med frame that was only 20mm or so different from my old frame in most dimensions and figured I could adjust that with stem/seatpost.

0psi

Eats Squid
If you are pretty comfortable on your current bike then get a hold of the geometry charts for both and get the one with the closest Top Tube measurement to what you currently have.

Edit: Just had a look for you and Depending on what you currently have I'd be going with the 20". A 20" Cube hardtail has a Top Tube that is 2mm shorter than an 18.5 Trek hardtail but that was just for the frames that I looked at.

Last edited:

jnatera

Likes Bikes
Thanks for the info guys.

I did have a look at the geometry. There was not much difference at all. I think I may go for the 20inch