Fox X2 Air Sleeve Seals?

Staunch

Eats Squid
I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment and was wondering if any resident suspension nerds could point me in the right direction.

My Fox X2 has begun to leak out of of the EVOL air sleeve, this being very evident as there in a point where the Float Fluid/grease combo is leaking/buldging out the bottom of the air sleeve. It's bad enough that it'll lose 200 PSI overnight, so the shock is unrideable. I've removed the air sleeve, re-lubricated the seals thoroughly, and reinstalled it to no avail, same leak still occurs. My issue arises which the fact that Sola Sport are undergoing a re-vamp after being bought out, and I can't get an answer and/or a new complete X2 service kit from them.

My question is, can I use the standard Fox Float air can service kit (803-00-142) just to replace the seals on the X2 which help seal the EVOL air sleeve? I can purchase of one these tomorrow in person which would be the fastest solution. The only rebuilt kit Fox lists for the X2 is 803-01-317, however I can't source one of those until Sola reopens and I'm impatient.

Go

Likes Dirt
X2 requires a full rebuild. Can't really do just an air can service.
Can be done at home but needs a few specialized tools.
Where are you located?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

goobags

Likes Dirt
Cyclinic

NSDynamics

Mountain Bike Suspension Centre

I have only used of them but have used them a lot. Got a turn around in about a week for a full X2 rebuild last time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staunch

Eats Squid
X2 requires a full rebuild. Can't really do just an air can service.
Can be done at home but needs a few specialized tools.
Where are you located?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Cyclinic

NSDynamics

Mountain Bike Suspension Centre

I have only used of them but have used them a lot. Got a turn around in about a week for a full X2 rebuild last time

I don't even need to do an air can service, I just literally needed to replace 2 o-rings under the air sleeve that you remove to change the number of volume spacers.

For anyone else that searches this in future, I ended up pulling up the X2 technical drawings and sourcing the correct O-rings from my local bearing supplier. I'll check in the morning that the shock has held pressure overnight, however after changing the o-ring the fitment of the air sleeve was much tighter and there was no leaking of grease under pressure.

goobags

Likes Dirt
If you read what you originally posted, I’m sure you can see how we both thought it was the seal on the stanchion that was leaking rather than just an o ring - particularly since you were chasing an air can service kit. Did you damage it while changing volume spacers or did they just fail?

Glad you worked it out anyway