TAS FOUND Dropper post cable bushing

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
]Item: Dropper post cable bushing for Fox transfer but I reckon they're universal
Reason for selling: bought a frame that came with uninstalled seat post but no bushing.
Price and price conditions: I know the outrageous price Fox wants
Extra Info: it's a needed soon.
Pictures
Screenshot 2023-12-22 154524.png

Last edited:

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
]Item: Dropper post cable bushing for Fox transfer but I reckon they're universal
Reason for selling: bought a frame that came with uninstalled seat post but no bushing.
Price and price conditions: I know the outrageous price Fox wants
Extra Info: it's a needed soon.
PicturesView attachment 405552
Annoyingly, I don’t think they are universal. You may find some from other brands that fit but equally may find some are too big.

On a more positive note - I lost one once and found the end of the cable sat in the actuator just find without the barrel. As long as I applied I little pressure to the cable while inserting the post, it stayed in place fine. That was a PNW post but may work for the fox one as well??

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I squeezed a small washer with a pair of vise grips over the gear cable end and fitted it to one of our bikes. Look for something that will fit in the barrel gap then drill a hole in it to fit the cable through.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Suggest Cyclinic. You probably won't get it faster unless it is from a mate down the road

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Annoyingly, I don’t think they are universal. You may find some from other brands that fit but equally may find some are too big.

On a more positive note - I lost one once and found the end of the cable sat in the actuator just find without the barrel. As long as I applied I little pressure to the cable while inserting the post, it stayed in place fine. That was a PNW post but may work for the fox one as well??
Im using a race face (fox transfer) and forgot to put the bushing on and the cable end works just fine.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Im using a race face (fox transfer) and forgot to put the bushing on and the cable end works just fine.
They do work just fine but don’t lock in so you need to be really careful about keeping tension on the cable so it doesn’t pop out.