Forrest Festival 2012 - Offical Thread

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
And a tremendous amount of fun was had by me :)
Me too! Awesome event - woke up this morning and felt my body had been beaten up :) Least I knew I left it all out there!

Loved the extra stage on the Saturday too - very exciting to watch not only the elites but all the categories duking it out on course.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Yep, great event. Well organised and awesome trails.

Thanks for a great (and punishing) weekend!

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Thanks heaps for all your comments... we enjoyed putting it on and preparations for next years event have already started.

seb710

Likes Bikes
Second year at the festival and is only getting better.
Loved the match race at the end of day one added what was missing last year. The 50km served up some of the best racing all year and I took 20 minutes of my time from last year.
I have already been telling everyone who will listen to book this event in for 2013.
Loved it and I will be back hopefully with a heap of mad MTBers.
Well done to Norm and the organizers and the volunteers, no matter how gased I am I always so thanks to them while whipping past.

RazeR

Likes Dirt
vid of the Red Carpet Descent

Some of the Red Carpet descent on Saturday

[video=vimeo;54891003]https://vimeo.com/54891003[/video]

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Second year at the festival and is only getting better.
Loved the match race at the end of day one added what was missing last year. The 50km served up some of the best racing all year and I took 20 minutes of my time from last year.
I have already been telling everyone who will listen to book this event in for 2013.
Loved it and I will be back hopefully with a heap of mad MTBers.
Well done to Norm and the organizers and the volunteers, no matter how gased I am I always so thanks to them while whipping past.
Thanks for your comments... really appreciate them.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
More vid

Here are a few clips from the various stages on day 1.

[video=youtube_share;TXBqpARV1T0]http://youtu.be/TXBqpARV1T0[/video]

TMLS1

Likes Dirt
91 kegs category

Just read the 2013 FF email, great idea Norm for 2013! Battle of the big boys/and girls....does the chubster have to ride a fixie and skinny jeans though?

Clydesdale Category (91kg)
Whether you’re tall and strong with muscles, a little on the hefty side, a chubster or just have big bones... we don’t mind - you’re getting your own category. Perfect category if you’re sick of racing against those skinny whipper snippers.
Please note its not compulsary to enter this category if you are over 91kg - totally your choice!

fergo

Likes Dirt
Just read the 2013 FF email, great idea Norm for 2013! Battle of the big boys/and girls....does the chubster have to ride a fixie and skinny jeans though?

Clydesdale Category (91kg)
Whether you’re tall and strong with muscles, a little on the hefty side, a chubster or just have big bones... we don’t mind - you’re getting your own category. Perfect category if you’re sick of racing against those skinny whipper snippers.
Please note its not compulsary to enter this category if you are over 91kg - totally your choice!
Time to lose some weight!! No need to carry more than 91kg!

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I want a category for: "Over 40, 29er, single-speed but limited to 34-19 ratio, rigid fork, between 74-76kg, very grumpy, heterosexual (mostly)"... oh and "degree educated". :frusty:

Anyway, the Forrest Festival is a great event.