Fork wobble / bushes?

Zenith

Likes Bikes
Ok i have done a bit of searching and haven't really found anything.

I have a set of Rock Shoc Tora 318's bought them in October last year, and have done about 1,200 Klm on them.

They now have some forward and back play between the upper and lower stantions, where the fork moves up and down.

Is this the Bushes are warn? or just the seals that a service will fix?

How long do Bushes normally last for?

or am i completey off track and its somthing else?

thanks

beno

Cycle Solutions
I reckon your right with the bushes, a simple service and new seals wont fix that. dont know how much it will cost to fix however, hit up your local for a quote.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You're sure it's not a loose headset?
I would check that first and then take the bike to the LBS for their opinion. Back and forth play would have to be either the headset or the bushes as far as I'm aware anyway!

If you like working on your own fork then you could do an oil and seal service to see if it makes any difference. But if you're going to the LBS to get them serviced then you might as well get it all done at once.

Zenith

Likes Bikes
Thanks guys :) i will check the headset, and I have spoken to my LBS and im taking it down there this weekend for them to check it out :) and while they are at it a service.

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You're sure it's not a loose headset?
I would check that first and then take the bike to the LBS for their opinion. Back and forth play would have to be either the headset or the bushes as far as I'm aware anyway!

If you like working on your own fork then you could do an oil and seal service to see if it makes any difference. But if you're going to the LBS to get them serviced then you might as well get it all done at once.

Do you even know what the oil and seal's do. they stop the oil from escaping and the seal stops the dirt and shit from getting in. how on earth is that going to stop the play in the bushes?

Get it checked out asap. once the bushes are warn you can take your anodizing(sp) off your stanstions(sp). I had a set of old forks that this had happen to so I unfortunatly know from experiance.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you even know what the oil and seal's do. they stop the oil from escaping and the seal stops the dirt and shit from getting in. how on earth is that going to stop the play in the bushes?

Get it checked out asap. once the bushes are warn you can take your anodizing(sp) off your stanstions(sp). I had a set of old forks that this had happen to so I unfortunatly know from experiance.
Yeah maybe I"ve got tits (as per your sig) but I'm not an idiot. Ok it was a silly suggestion if he has to take it to the LBS in the end anyway, but if you had read the rest of my post you would realize that I do have some idea. Perhaps you should learn to spell stanchions first?

Zenith

Likes Bikes
Thanks Pebble,

I just checked and tightened the headset, maybe a bit too tight, but the wobble back and forth is now gone :)

Still taking it to the LBS to check i didnt over tighten it, and to get a service on the forks. :)

its about due :)

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
Yeah maybe I"ve got tits (as per your sig) but I'm not an idiot. Ok it was a silly suggestion if he has to take it to the LBS in the end anyway, but if you had read the rest of my post you would realize that I do have some idea. Perhaps you should learn to spell stanchions first?
And unfortunately

And experience

:eek:

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And unfortunately

And experience

:eek:
LOL because I thought you were referring to me. I'm not perfect, I certainly mistype words.

Apologies to Registered Nutcase though, the comeback probably wasn't necessary, I don't normally take things that seriously on a forum as it's too easy to misjudge the tone of someones comments. No hard feelings here.

And finally Zenith, I'm glad it seemed to be the headset and that you're getting the LBS to check over it anyway. Hope your fork is like new after the service!

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
LOL because I thought you were referring to me. I'm not perfect, I certainly mistype words.

Apologies to Registered Nutcase though, the comeback probably wasn't necessary, I don't normally take things that seriously on a forum as it's too easy to misjudge the tone of someones comments. No hard feelings here.

And finally Zenith, I'm glad it seemed to be the headset and that you're getting the LBS to check over it anyway. Hope your fork is like new after the service!
Not you, him :)

Moving right along.. :cool:

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Pebble,

Tis cool I didnt take it personally, and for the record I can not spell to save my life.
As for maxwolfie... i get the feeling ill be seeing your posts alot...