Fork advice

crowash

Likes Dirt
Hi Y'all,

After some advice on my forks. I'm currently running RS revelation 150mm 32's Dual Air on my SC Heckler. I find that when the fork is set just right its great but I'm finding it incredibly fiddly to get set just how I want, I also find the neg pressure escapes very quickly.
I've recently ridden a mates Yeti SB-66 with Fox forks and I know the whole bike is mega plush anyway but I really noticed the fox forks felt great all the way through the travel.
Now my Heckler was a demo bike and the fork is overdue for a service but I'm wondering if i might be better off trying to find a second hand fox fork to replace it with instead?
What say you?

Ash

ACNRS

Likes Dirt
get it serviced, no fork is going to perform well if it is not looked after and serviced when needed. If air is leaking from the negative there is a high chance that one of the internal seals is damaged and may need replacement as well as dust seal and an full oil change. Makes a huge difference when these are kept well maintained

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The 66 is a very different beast to the heckler - the setup on the heckler, while more active than the 66 is not as progressive through the travel, so the fork may not be the only thing feeling very different in the setup.
Out of interest - and I only ask this 'cos I did the same thing - do you take the front wheel off to transport the bike? If yes, do you have a valve cover on the bottom of the fork legs? I was losing -ve air and couldn't fathom why. Turns out every time my mate got my bike out of the car he was sitting it on the fork leg, and a small pebble or something would release the air.
I say service them, I love the feel of the dual air :pop2: but it isn't foolproof... I have been running my xx's for about a year now and love them, only regret was not getting the TA version.
Al..

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I had the same forks and the same problem. After frigging around with them and even sending them back to RS under warranty, I still couldn't get them to feel plush so purchased some kashima fox 36s on here for $350 and have never looked back. From what I've experienced and heard from many others, the Revs just aren't in the same league as Fox forks with the FIT damper and new seals. 32 stanchions are really only good for XC duties as well.

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
Or get the rock shox pikes... Game over

At the moment could only be bested by bos Deville's which you have wait a couple of months for

crowash

Likes Dirt
Yeah I never really understood how much the stanchion size affected the bike, its seems 32 really doesn't cut the mustard for AM (which kind of begs the question of why a 150mm 32 fork?) but given the cost to replace and that I'd need them serviced to sell anyway I might just get it done and reassess afterwards.

teK--

Eats Squid
If negative chamber losing air could be one of two things:

1. Leaking schraeder valve. Easy to changeover the core.

2. O-ring separating neg/positive chamber is dry or worn out. Need to open up the fork and rebuild the air cartridge.

Both are pretty easy to do at home with basic tools and mechanical know how just follow the SRAM guide.

I love dual air it gives so many tuning possibilities...