For sale section.

j-ro

Likes Dirt
I was wondering, and if its too much to ask then just say no, but would it be possible for people trying to sell their stuff be able to moderate that topic?

For example, say someone is trying to sell a bike and someone else just posts hey i saw you have the biggest stack on that, it would be a great luxury to be able to delete that post, because otherwise people are wasting space, annoying each other and possibly scaring away potential buyers.

Don't wanna ask for much, so i figured ill only ask for this one, practical and simple thing.

Thanks guys.
-Joel.

(P.S. I have no idea how feasable it is, im a ludite, i got kicked out of computers in year 8 at school and now, several years later still have no ideas.)

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
would probably be better off asking the mods to do it for you. if it's anything like the other board i mod on, it's a pretty big hassle to selectivly allow people access to edit threads. especialy only in a cpl of sections, and only in threads started by you.
i'm fairly sure tho that if you ask a mod to clean your thread for you, they will consider it.
just ask really nicely.
and send flowers and chocolates, that might help to.
mybe dinner?

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
mostly those guys you see in tight pants, pointy shoes and shiny shirts :twisted:
start by asking either josh, dom, scotty, or anyone else with moderator after their name.

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers for the response Lupine.

J-ro, basically what Lupine said, if you want something done give me a buzz, but we generally watch the for sale section pretty closely and delete nonsense posts at our discretion (I put myself in the sellers shoes and if i would consider that offensive i get rid of it). Of course we can only do so much, and at times i get pm's from people alerting me to things, which helps alot!

Hope this helps,
Josh.

i have a different problem with the 4sale page, i cant make a post. the "quick reply" box isnt there and when i hit the "post reply" button it comes up with a page telling me that only users with special access can post on this forum. is this because i havent ustd farkin 4 a while or some other reason?

p.s. i hope u dont mind me borrowing ur page j-ro

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
whywalkwhenucanroll said:
i have a different problem with the 4sale page, i cant make a post. the "quick reply" box isnt there and when i hit the "post reply" button it comes up with a page telling me that only users with special access can post on this forum. is this because i havent ustd farkin 4 a while or some other reason?

p.s. i hope u dont mind me borrowing ur page j-ro
http://www.farkin.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5279

have a read thru this and it will answer all your questions. if you still have any questions, drop me a pm and i'll explain it to you more.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
would it be possible for everyone who hasnt got a access pass into the for sale section to get a pop-up telling them why they wont be able to post?
it would stop a hell of a lot of idiotic threads and people posting for sale adds in other fourm catergories... just an idea