Flappy paddle hose change

safreek

Ok fellas, foolishly I have bought some integrated brake/gear shifters. As it turns out the rear brake hose is too short, just wondering if I need special attaching items for the lever/hose as I assume the caliper olive barb set up would be the same as a normal Shimano attachment. Any info would be cool thanks

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Post up the model number to be sure but a quick hambo shows the Shimano combos are the same fittings as the individual components.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Got any photos or model name/number of the lever unit?

Edit: and check for any markings on the hose to confirm if BH59 or BH90.

Short answer: Should be same compression nut as all other Shimano levers.
Long answer:
Being integrated shifter/brake I assume it uses the older BH59 hose. Olives for BH59 and BH90 hoses are the same, but the barb differs.

Last edited:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
All Shimano hoses use the same olive & compression nut, but XTR, XT, SLX, Saint and possibly Zee, progressively introduced from 2011 model year use the BH90 hose, which has a smaller bore, needing a specific barb insert. All other brakes use the BH59 hose & barb.

safreek

Cheers ladies and gentlemen, I'll take it that it's just basic hose and connectors. Will hit up the bike shop today. Need to get this project going. DEATH TO THE WHEELER BIKE :cool:
IMG_20230725_075437.jpg
IMG_20230725_075432.jpg

PJO

in me vL comy
Of course not. The correct term is hambo.
I get confused these days as to whether it is Hambo or Jabubu, or whether we use some sort of hybrid that incorporates the OG and the new like Hambubu or Jabubo.
Googling was so much easier to understand prior to 2021.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I get confused these days as to whether it is Hambo or Jabubu, or whether we use some sort of hybrid that incorporates the OG and the new like Hambubu or Jabubo.
Googling was so much easier to understand prior to 2021.
If you jabubu it tells you to get someone to hambo that for you.