Flairs/FlipToFakie/Superwhips/Tailwhips...Just a casual Sunday.

stooge

Likes Dirt
So Lewis(Nolan) sent me a text msg the other day "Landed Flip to Fakie today, keen to shoot?!"

On Sunday Lewis, Alex and myself organized to catch up and get some fresh crops...over a couple of hours riding and chillin' this is what happened.

Lewis

Alex

Let's "warm up" on the jump box first...

Tuck - Alex

Tuck - Lewis

Table - Lewis

Nac - Alex

Barspin - Lewis

Superman - Alex

Corked Flip - Lewis

Supercan Whip? - Alex...Bummed I cut his foot, but Alex got this to dialed for me not put up

Steeezy Tailwhip - Alex

Tailwhip - Lewis

So after a session on the box it was time to session the quarters and warm up for the flip to fakie Lewis had mentioned...

Warm up with a Footjam - Lewis

I could rest my drink on that table - Lewis

After a couple of under rotated attempts...

Flip to Fakie stuck clean...so badass! - Lewis

Did I mention that Alex, Lewis's younger brother can also Flip to fakie... check it.

Flair - Alex

Hope you all enjoyed.
jcl

bak3zz

Likes Bikes

One of those shots looks like his face is going to hit the copeing haha.
Very very nice photos :)

taitt

Likes Dirt
The second last shot looks like it came from an Xbox screenshot.

Insane photos dude. Keep it up.

brad353

Likes Dirt
far out man that is some amazing riding and some equally amazing photography. thanks so much for posting. haha i noticed the same thing track slayer did as soon as i saw that pic.

JT252

Likes Dirt
Awesome pictures man.

Try using a faster shutter speed if you want to stop the blur. You could probably lose some F stops too.

stooge

Likes Dirt
Thanks heaps guys, glad your loving them!

What were you using for these? Have they been editing?
Looking sweet!
Canon 450D, 10mm fisheye, 2x 430 speedlight flashes. These are pretty much from camera no real editing, I shoot in raw so just the standard WB adjustment, exposure tweak etc

Awesome pictures man.

Try using a faster shutter speed if you want to stop the blur. You could probably lose some F stops too.
Cheers man, but my flash triggers max out at 1/250th, I would use faster if I could...I thought they were pretty sharp, if anything the small amount of motion blur added to the photo showing the speed of the rider but overall being pretty sharp?!

far out man that is some amazing riding and some equally amazing photography. thanks so much for posting. haha i noticed the same thing track slayer did as soon as i saw that pic.
Thanks! haha yeh now I see what you mean...airwalking haha

JT252

Likes Dirt
Cheers man, but my flash triggers max out at 1/250th, I would use faster if I could...I thought they were pretty sharp, if anything the small amount of motion blur added to the photo showing the speed of the rider but overall being pretty sharp?!
It does add to the photos. i was wondering why all your shutter speeds were the same.

devilmachine

Likes Dirt
Wicked pic's brother, the sun is a bit distracting to the eye tho, bit of time cropping would sort that out. Sequence shots of flip to fakie would be mean!

stooge

Likes Dirt
I suppose I better shoot in raw now! :p
Also, need to invest in another flash and fisheye then!
Im no expert but I definitely suggest shooting raw...It doesnt make your photo magically better tho...It just retains more information which allows you to adjust the image to how it should be which is also great in trickly lighting situations, basically allowing you to proccess your own image instead of letting the camera decide what it should look like which is never 100% correct all the time....

good stuff!

good to some truly phat snaps in the phat snaps section
Cheers mate, glad you like em'

It does add to the photos. i was wondering why all your shutter speeds were the same.
Cheers...haha yeh that is exactly why ;)

Wicked pic's brother, the sun is a bit distracting to the eye tho, bit of time cropping would sort that out. Sequence shots of flip to fakie would be mean!
Cheers man, ahh really? not a fan of the sun in the shot?...I can see what your saying, I was trying something different, I think it works on some and maybe not so on others, cheers for the feed back!

devilmachine

Likes Dirt
yeah bro, luv the above!
Bloody hell, I'v got to stop buying bike bits and get another camera, hard ask tho, me likes shiny things!

Last edited:
excellent photos mate, really good angles and composition..gives a good feeling of whats going on with the rider!!

the sun behind the rider looks good too.. and that sequence shot is nice! good work