first time bmx owner

LoveB

Likes Dirt
hey all, just got rid of my dh bike and I'm looking at getting a 2nd hand bmx bike..

How much should I expect to pay for an eastern trail digger/ sequence? someone local to me is selling one. he says it was a gift to him and its a trail digger but the top tube says sequence? From what I've read these bikes are good? lol pardon the ignorance. Just want a bike to get around in and maybe do a bit of dirtjumping on. Thanks!!!

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not sure on the price you'd expect to pay, but just be wary of someone selling stuff that was a "gift", that kind of thing would make me wonder if it's stolen or not, especially if the person doesn't know much about bikes.

A good place for lots of info on bmx in general is ...
www.bmx-forum.com/
keep in mind a lot of users are probably US as opposed to Aus.

There's some online (Aussie) bmx places where you could check out new pricing, like Strictly BMX, Hell on Wheels and probably lots of others....not to metion mtb shops like TBSM, CRC etc.

LoveB

Likes Dirt
Thanks. I picked this up from from a youngish girl (my height though)

paid 150 for it. Seems to be in good condition though. I did pick it up at their place so I dont think it wouldve been stolen or something. :eek:

LoveB

Likes Dirt
Crank arm was a bit loose but nothing a good tightening couldnt fix. Been having a blast with it so far. Gonna try out some dirt jumps near me tomorrow otherwise the bike seems great. Size wise I'm fairly sure its right for me as well after measuring it. Could go bigger but i reckon its fine. Thanks again!

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Help!! :)

This is my 1st BMX since being a kid and i am wondering what my BB options are?, Apparently it is a •Steel ball-type bottom bracket and the bike is GT Zone, 2010 model i think, Heavy as buggery but rides nice.
IMG_1189.JPG
Cheers :)