first dualy

sammy boy

Likes Dirt
hey guys,
im looking for a dualy that isnt too heavy and will still be good to do stuff on. i dont wanna get a triple clamp fork ( ive got one on my bike now and it is quite heavy) ive been looking at thing like iron horse aniki and ojiki and also the bighit spec. got any suggestions??

corey1

Squid
hey well i have just purchased a bighit, very happy with it mind u, it isnt really that light quite heavy, lighter options out there. great bike , strong has already taken a beating from me

anyway thats my 2 cents

spam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
with the ac the 17" isnt like a 17" hardtail, cos the shock goes down, and also the top tube dips a bit

hardinge915

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well i might be biased here because i own a norco, but id say check out the Norco six, ask if you can take it for a quick spin and see if it suits you

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
im with these guys, norco six. SC up front 6" back. won 6" bike of the year and there is some mighty nice 6" FR/trial bikes out there. outa curiosty would much are the brodie duallies???

xero

Supersports
brodies

an entry level BRODIE dualie will set you back around $2000 with the range topping out at $5000

tom_876

Squid
How much are the Six's?

Oh and have you considered the fact that you will grow quite a bit over the next two years?

I say invest in an AC, a good entry level Freeriding bike, and since your only 12 you wouldnt be too hard on it would you? Cuz AC's are great and light but not the strongest thing around.

xero

Supersports
jock_tothe_reid said:
how many brodies are out there?
i've only ever seen them in shops never seen anyone actually riding them.
Are they any good?
2005 is the launch year for BRODIE in Australia, and they have only been offered to select dealers in each state, in relatitvely small numbers, thus the reason why you have'nt seen a lot out and about....
their heritage comes from 20 years in Canada and they are widely know as being one of the pioneering companys in the North Shore riding scene.....with Paul Brodie being one of Canadas most well known frame builders...

expect a lot of interesting stuff in 06

xero

Supersports
jock_tothe_reid said:
do you work for brodie because you sur know a lot about them? nah but they look like sick bikes, I want to ride one!!

umm...... sorta...
the word under my name kinda gives it away.........lol

cheers

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
prices

ahk well xero can you give us some prices to the burly models as i cant find prices on them in Oz. And are they selling frames aswell? or just complete bikes?

xero

Supersports
Sethius said:
ahk well xero can you give us some prices to the burly models as i cant find prices on them in Oz. And are they selling frames aswell? or just complete bikes?
all you need to do is call one of our dealers..
www.supersports.net.au
dealer page has full listings (will be updated in next few days too)

most frame sets avail as well

Last edited:

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
jock_tothe_reid said:
how many brodies are out there?
i've only ever seen them in shops never seen anyone actually riding them.
Are they any good?

Being from Canada, I've been a happy Brodie customer for years now.

Brodies have a cult-like status in Canada, where they were born and bred in BC. Paul Brodie welded some of the all time early shore bikes such as the Catalyst, eXpresso and the Sovereign.

Later, Brodie was the first company to market one of the true heavy duty hardtails to use Easton RAD (as in, downhill) tubing to create an indestructible hardtail, the legendary Brodie Holeshot. That's my current ride right now... I'm on my second since my first one got stolen. :( Probably the last hardtail I'll ever need to buy.

But you're looking at duallies, right? I never rode a duallie until this year, when my wife and I had an opportunity to ride to Brodie FS bikes, the Thumper and the Devo.

The first one I tried was the Thumper. It's one of Brodie's lower end duallies. Had Marzocchi DJ2's up front (or were they DJ3s?), with a Fox shock with 5.5" in the back (sorry, can't remember which one). Rode it for my first time in Kelowna, BC. What an awesome bike! I had an absolute blast! The geometry on it made it easy to move around underneath you, the suspension let me take big hits like it weren't no thang, and the lock-out on the Fox shock on the back made the pedal back up decent. It's not a great climber without locking out your rear suspension, but then again, if you wanted a duallie to huck around that could still climb, you should be looking at an all mountain or xc fs bike.

I loved the ride on that bike. The fact that it was so affordable as well made me focus on riding and not scratching the demo bike! (as in, if I screwed up and hurt something, it wouldn't break the bank to fix it).

The Devo, was more of everything... Sherman Sliders up front, and 7" in the back with a Manitou 6-way Swinger. This bike felt a lot bigger, and not a lightweight, but more like a freight train that could plow through anything. And it did! I rode this in Squamish and Pemberton. I actually felt like I was cheating as I didn't have to be careful at all about my line choices, made so many mistakes, and this bike just sucked it all up and let me get away with it.

The Devo is probably Brodie's most popular FS bike as well, since it's good all the right parts, with a good frame design, at a good price for what you're getting.

If you want to see some photos of the bikes we rode, check out the article on the front called "A Day of EPIC Proportions", and you'll see photos of Penny on the Thumper (blue bike), and a couple of me on the Devo (red bike).

I fully recommend Brodie. A good, classic Canadian brand that isn't as widespread as Norco or Kona, and has a lot of history behind it. A "boutique" brand of bike, that doesn't get as expensive as most "boutique" bikes do....

And you'll be one of the few with them around here in Australia! :cool:

Last edited: