DJ First build thread! Dartmoor Phantom

bk-19

Likes Bikes
Finished product! see page 2 for more photos

Phantom complete 1.jpg

First build thread ive ever done so have some patience if i dont follow protocol exactly!

picked up a Dartmoor Phantom frame from a fellow rotorburner with the intention of building a fun single Speed play bike that can be used for the pumptrack/dirtjumps/flowy trails/4X.

rsz_phantom_edit.jpg

I wanted to build this up in an orange/ blue scheme to get some mad contrast going on. So i will be using a mix of spare parts i have lying around the place to keep the cost down while buying some new anodized blue parts.

Proposed SPec List

Frame - Dartmoor Phantom
Front shock/fork - Rockshox Dart 100mm (To be replaced with pike 130mm if i can find a cheap second hand one)
Handlebars - Funn Fatboy (maui blue)
Stem - Truvativ AKA 50mm
Headset - FSA
Grips - Funn combat (white)
Saddle - SSR pro white
Front brake - N/A
Rear brake - Shimano m482 or Juicy 3 160mm rotor
Cranks - Shimano SLX
Chain - C4 Halflink chain (blue)
Pedals - NS legeaters (blue)
Rear derailleur - N/A
Rear shifter - N/A
Cassette - Torpedo 7 single speed conversion kit
Wheelset - NS Trailmaster rims laced to shimano hubs (blue)
Tyres - Holy rollers

Bought a whole bunch of anodised blue bits and pieces to get the blue orange thing happening.

Blue chainring bolts

Blue headset spacers

Blue seat post clamp

Gonna be good fun putting it all together :D

Last edited:

bk-19

Likes Bikes
gathered all the parts i had lying around to put onto it this afternoon. Made up some sticker kits for the forks to tie it in with the colour scheme a little bit better.
20140907_103635.jpg

bk-19

Likes Bikes
He races downhill on a phantom?? thats pretty hectic!! what travel fork does he run on it?

bk-19

Likes Bikes
CRC order rocked up!

So after 3 weeks of waiting, CRC are getting slower and slower i swear.... My order rocked up.
NS Trailmaster rims, Funn Fatboy Bars and the C4 halflink chain in blue.

Spent the afternoon cutting down the steerer to the correct length on my forks and installing the bits i was able to. Just need to wait for my cranks and hubs to arrive and i can fully build it up!

phantom frame edit.jpg

ninjananna

Likes Dirt
Spent the afternoon cutting down the steerer to the correct length on my forks and installing the bits i was able to. Just need to wait for my cranks and hubs to arrive and i can fully build it up!
WHAT!!!! you cut the steerer on a set of forks you intend to swap out anyway?

So have you already put the sticker kit on the fork lowers? If so I was expecting to see some blue or orange or combination of both.

bk-19

Likes Bikes
WHAT!!!! you cut the steerer on a set of forks you intend to swap out anyway?

So have you already put the sticker kit on the fork lowers? If so I was expecting to see some blue or orange or combination of both.
The forks are worth about 50 bucks and the steerer was 100mm too long so yeah i cut it. it might be awhile till i get new forks as well.
In regard to the stickers, there is already so much blue and orange in this build that it would be too much, the white ties in with the seat/stem and grips. that was the thinking behind that.

check the photo of the forks a bit higher up

Last edited:

bk-19

Likes Bikes
Finally Complete!

Got the wheels built up the other day and finally put on.

Super happy with the final product. just waiting on some kenda small block 8's to put on it, then its finished.

Phantom complete 1.jpg

phantom complete 2.jpg

phantom complete 3.jpg

phantom complete 4.jpg