Finished! On-One Inbred

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
I reckon getting others to name it is a bit odd.

If you are going to name it, it should be a name that comes from riding it and getting to know it.
Like a nickname, it should never be forced. It should just come naturally, and if it never comes then it is just a bike.

I am not for naming bikes, but by chance I have had a silver hardtail which my wife dubbed Silverado as I was her 'knight in shining armour' (cough) but in leu of a horse, my bike became my 'Silverado'. It just stuck.
"Takin' ol silver out for a dash".

The only other time I named a bike was when I had to add another bike to my garmin and change the wheel size and it asked me for a name, it's a big bike, it's red, so it's called big red, but only in the garmin.
I'd never introduce anyone to my bike as big red, and it only exists in the garmin.

I reckon it should be named by it's owner.

Last edited:

badtreefrog

Likes Bikes
What's in a name?

It is just a name, and a bit of fun. This thread hardly warrants any sort of philosophical or psychometric analysis. I have always named my bikes, cars, pets and children - it is what I do. The bikes name will probably come in time and from myself but really who cares where it comes from?

I would call it gumby, but that would make me pokey, and that is just not cool.

TM2

Likes Bikes
I like 'Deliverance', along the pig squealer line of thought. Would be even more a play on words if you chucked some of those bike courier handlebars on.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
It is just a name, and a bit of fun. This thread hardly warrants any sort of philosophical or psychometric analysis. I have always named my bikes, cars, pets and children - it is what I do. The bikes name will probably come in time and from myself but really who cares where it comes from?

just taking the p*ss Mr Frog- no harm mate

I had a cat named "cat" and my nicknames for my kids were snapper, squid and mullet.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid

just taking the p*ss Mr Frog- no harm mate

I had a cat named "cat" and my nicknames for my kids were snapper, squid and mullet.
I even heard that moorey actually has a name for his 'member'.
Moorey, can you confirm?