Finished! On-One Inbred

badtreefrog

Likes Bikes
And here it is - name still pending. Still stuffing around with the dingle speed a bit and have not run it on the trails yet but still having fun riding it - everywhere.

Photo 29-11-2013 1 28 08 pm.jpgPhoto 29-11-2013 1 28 50 pm.jpgPhoto 29-11-2013 1 29 37 pm.jpgPhoto 29-11-2013 1 30 41 pm.jpg

I am building a new bike which I am totally stoked about! This baby is going to be an all rounder - Commuter / SS Singletrack Weapon / Trail bike / Featherweight All Mountain / Urban Cruiser etc etc etc. Can it be done? No idea really but it is going to be fun finding out.

Anyway, I name my bikes but I cannot seem to settle on one for this build - it is early days yet and the completion date is some weeks away but I though it would be cool to get you guys to submit potential names. I'll even give away a 12 year old slightly torn Azonic Love seat to my favourite submitted name!

PS: As much as I love the green I have a habit of painting my bikes so if you guys could think outside the box that is 'Green Machine' that would be sweet.

Bring it on!

Last edited:

badtreefrog

Likes Bikes
And here is the spec list

The reasons for this build is multifold; having prior to heading overseas for a year we sold our car so now I need a commuter, secondly a lack of space made having two bikes impractical, thirdly after a few years of riding a super lightweight but harsh aluminium frame I was pining to once again feel the compliance of a steel frame. Finally, partially out of a desire for simplicity, partially for a new riding challenge and partially to keep the costs down I am building it up as a dingle speed (2 ratios).

The build list is made of bits from the old bike, plus new parts to fit the new frame and put together the single speed drive train. Plus some new brakes just because it was time. :) This thing is going to be locked up outside on a regular basis so no a no-nonsense spec was in order.

The parts in bold are ones that I will switch over when the bike is due for some time on the dirt.

Frame - On-One Inbred Slot Dropout 20" Stirling Moss Green
Fork - Marzhocci XC700 ATA
Handlebars - FSA FR350 Riser
Stem - FSA 110mm / 60mm (yet to acquire)
Headset - FSA MX Orbit (on a plane)
Grips - Oury
Saddle - WTB Pure V
Seatpost - On-One Twelfty (on a plane)
Front brake - Hydraulic Disc (yet to Acquire)
Rear brake - Hydraulic Disc (yet to Acquire)
Cranks - Truvativ Hussefelt
Chainrings - Salsa/Shimano 36/32
Bottom Bracket - Truvativ Howitzer (yet to acquire)
Pedals - Shimano SPD / Alloy Flats (yet to acquire) with Brisbane Outdoor Straps
Front derailleur - NA
Rear derailleur - NA
Front shifter - NA
Rear shifter - NA
Cassette - SS Conversion Kit (yet to acquire)
Rear Cogs - On-One Groove Armada 15/19 (on a plane)
Front hub - Shimano XT
Rear hub - Shimano XT
Front rim - Dice 26
Rear rim - Dice 26
Spokes - DT Swiss
Tyres - Panaracer Ribmo 1.75 / Knobby 2.3 (yet to acquire)
Total weight - probably heavy

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
What about Tatertott? In honor of Rotor Burn's most beloved singlespeeder and parts chaser, Tatewinchester :hail:

badtreefrog

Likes Bikes
Keep em coming

Loving booger and geoff so far - I am hoping this bike turns out to be the kind of beast that comes out of years of selective breeding rather than evolutionary challenged like cletus.

While I am at it - does anyone know if I can run my Hussefelt cranks on a BB other than the howitzer? And any recommendations on some nice all rounder 2.3" tyres?

Cheers

badtreefrog

Likes Bikes
Updated Spec list, name to be confirmed

Hey fellas, thanks for the names so far - not set on anything yet but food for thought. The parts have been trickling in and I have painted my forks to match the green/black colour scheme. I made use of the information in this thread which was invaluable.

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?62163-How-to-Paint-Frames-(Plow-Style)

I highly recommend having a read and then having a go yourself!

Anywhere, here is the final build list (updated parts are in bold), I am really happy with the spec, solid, reliable parts that should see many years of (ab)use. I am getting the frame prepped (chased and faced) and headset installed next week and then the build begins!

Frame - On-One Inbred Slot Dropout 20" Stirling Moss Green
Fork - Marzhocci XC700 ATA
Handlebars - FSA FR350 Riser
Stem - Intense 70mm
Headset - FSA MX Orbit
Grips - Oury
Saddle - WTB Pure V
Seatpost - On-One Twelfty
Front brake - Shimano Deore M615
Rear brake - Shimano Deore M615

Rotors - a2z Teppan yaki 180mm
Cranks - Truvativ Hussefelt
Chainrings - Salsa/Shimano 36/32
Bottom Bracket - Truvativ Howitzer
Pedals - Wellgo Flip Flop SPD (cheap but suits the purpose)
Cassette - Wheel Manufacturing SS Conversion Kit
Rear Cogs - On-One Groove Armada 15/19
Front hub - Shimano XT
Rear hub - Shimano XT
Front rim - Dice 26
Rear rim - Dice 26
Spokes - DT Swiss
Tyres - Panaracer Ribmo 1.75 / Maxxis Minion DHF 60a
Total weight - probably heavy

Now to reassemble those forks!!!! :shocked:

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Hi this is my bike and its name is ............................................ Bruce

as you all were..............................................

Last edited: