Finding the Right Foundation

blakeo_2233

Likes Dirt
On May 5 2006 an event occured which would change MTB for ever. I obtained my first ever proper Mtb. A giant Reign 3.View attachment 170402
At the time I would of been clueless of what an Spd was, so I rode flats. Mainly riding xc back than I decided to hit up Thredbo for the 07 Interschools. View attachment 170403 4 finger braking was my thing. Smashing up the course in like 10 minutes back then haha it was evident that I had it dialled. Pretty much after that all I wanted was a dh bike. So I got a job and saved saved saved and ended up getting an 08 glory dh1 (no need for pics im sure everyone has seen one). So started riding heaps more doing lots more than I ever thought imaginable.
View attachment 170404
So sure enough we started hitting jumps, like dirt jumps. So obviously in the begining I wasnt the most stylish dirt jumper and names started leaking out. For example the dead sailer. Tell me why please!View attachment 170405
Any ways, hit up Thredbo the following year and smashed it up, think i was still on flats.View attachment 170406
So after thredbo of 08 I invested in something different. Clips and well it was meant to be. Loved them from the beggining like straight away. Did a few state rounds.View attachment 170407 And was really enjoying it. Pimped up my bike to the max.View attachment 170408 And well I thought it looked amazing and rode amazing to. Before I knew it, it was interschools again View attachment 170409 Kept doing more riding, always clipped in. Got a 303, hated it and sold it, got another glory and well liked it more than the 303. Kept riding more and started running into problems. To do with jumping like clips had given me some bad habits I couldnt bunny hop with out them so now I am throwing them away flats only for 6 months, getting the foundations right for my riding. We will see what happens.
blake berm spray..JPG
Drifting into the future....

Moony

Likes Dirt
Blake, lets address a few basic issues i picked up from your life story:

On May 5 2006 an event occured which would change MTB for ever.
ha!

Smashing up the course in like 10 minutes back then haha
what do you mean back then?

So started riding heaps more doing lots more than I ever thought imaginable.
like 2ft hucks to flat....whooo!

So obviously in the begining I wasnt the most stylish dirt jumper
unfortunately we havn't seen much progression from here.

And well I thought it looked amazing and rode amazing to.
it did look good....but the second part, not so much.

Got a 303, hated it and sold it, got another glory
worst move you could have possibly made....these things take time and adjustment.

now I am throwing them away flats only for 6 months, getting the foundations right for my riding.
great move...you have my full support.

pretty sure i saw your finger on the brake!!

hahaha jokes....good read blake

shortass_0_7

Likes Bikes
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha blake, poor effort and moony on the otha hand.. outstanding effort on them comments hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blakeo_2233

Likes Dirt
Blake, lets address a few basic issues i picked up from your life story:

Originally Posted by blakeo_2233
On May 5 2006 an event occured which would change MTB for ever.
ha!
Yer prettty sure it has had an effect on your life and others.

Smashing up the course in like 10 minutes back then haha
what do you mean back then?
Well today I go sub seven with ease.

So started riding heaps more doing lots more than I ever thought imaginable.
like 2ft hucks to flat....whooo!
No like at least 6 foot back than.

So obviously in the begining I wasnt the most stylish dirt jumper
unfortunately we havn't seen much progression from here.
Yer we have, do u know how hard it was for me to find a sailing photo for the thread. ( Mainly cause I only save the good ones).

And well I thought it looked amazing and rode amazing to.
it did look good....but the second part, not so much.
Next time write IMO after it could affend people in future reference.

Got a 303, hated it and sold it, got another glory
worst move you could have possibly made....these things take time and adjustment.
No they shouldnt, it should be sweet from the start, like glorys always are.

now I am throwing them away flats only for 6 months, getting the foundations right for my riding.
great move...you have my full support.

We'll see.
pretty sure i saw your finger on the brake!!
Doesnt mean im skidding, I always ride with a finger covering the brake and like my levers really close in, we can go back and ill take my brakes off and do it again.
hahaha jokes....good read blake THX man!

O and rabat, my foot is off because im drifting, drifts dont usually turn out that well with both feet up.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
aw gee take us seriosly then :p

drifts work fine with your feet on, watch mr lopes in nwd7 (i think it is)

anyway were jst havin a dig at ya.

peace :D