Fight for The Grove - getting there!

Muz

Grove Master
Thanks to all those who came to the October meeting! We have another one that we need to get some numbers to.

Wednesday 2nd December at Seaforth Oval clubhouse at 7:30pm.

Things have been progressing! Simon French from Dirt Art has been up from Tassie a couple of times to check out the site and transfer my plans onto the Council's survey. Beth Lawsen from Manly Council will be attending the December meeting to present the progress of the project to the public and is open to community discussion about the facility. We need numbers to show that local bike riders want such a facility. There may be people who oppose the jumps and we need to be there to show our support for it.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Cheers, Dave.

Muz

Grove Master
Hi everyone,

Tonight's the night. I know this battle seems never ending, but spending an hour or so sitting around on a wednesday night, checking out plans for a new dirt jump park isn't all that bad. If we don't get numbers there, the Council can easily just pull the funding and we'll get nothing. One night away from the TV people. Lets get some decent numbers please.

Cheers, Dave.

Wiffle

Likes Dirt
Hi everyone,

Tonight's the night. I know this battle seems never ending, but spending an hour or so sitting around on a wednesday night, checking out plans for a new dirt jump park isn't all that bad. If we don't get numbers there, the Council can easily just pull the funding and we'll get nothing. One night away from the TV people. Lets get some decent numbers please.

Cheers, Dave.
+1. get out there folks

Daneel

Likes Dirt
the meeting went pretty well.

dave brought up the addition of a pump track to the plans, which seemed to go over all right, pending funding and the like. also extras such as a shed to store tools/bbq in, as well as water tap/bubbler for hosing jumps and drinking.

they said provided it all goes through, we're probably looking at around june next year for completion :)

all seemed pretty positive to me. some money has already been set aside by the council for it, and sport and rec might contribute a fair amount too. all in all, looking promising :)