Fairly cheap good DH cranks with wider profile.

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok, seeing as my other set didnt' fit, anyone got some sujestion for some wider profile crank sets? I know weiner was running 2002 xt's on it before I got the Big hit and it comes stock standard with teh holzfellers(too expensive). Any other ideas? I am looking around the 250 mark for bb, crank and chain ring.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
hussefelt DH, there 280 i think and that includes chain ring, i know they got a bad review but they were used on a hardtail i think they'd be fine on a dually. ive got some on my bike and they came stock with it back in 01 and there absolutly fine and i am by no means a smooth rider

Cruz

Likes Dirt
The old Jones Cycles Shop in the City has a pair of ball burhished Race Face Turbines, 5 arm 110 bcd for $200. Square taper. New.

Ty

Eats Squid
turley, just get a wider square taper BB, it'll be alot cheaper than getting new cranks and rings.

Ty

Eats Squid
sorry turley, my bad, 118 is the widest, have you tryed putting it in with the shell the other way?

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I ain't tried it the other way but the Chain guide is BB mount. I am thinking I will just get everything else first, then come back to my cranks and stuff. Adds another week or so to when i will be finished :( I will pb end up getting some FSA v-drives xtremes as they are fairly cheap and they should last .

Cruz

Likes Dirt
Turley, you can get an XT un72 with 73 shell and 122.5 axle for $60 at the moment at Phantomcycles.
Or a un 52 for $50.
Way cheaper than new cranks etc.