XC Fairlight has arrived....

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
That has gone. It went on purely for the photos, I kid you not. Most people won’t understand me, but I get most pleasure out of building my bike and the Jibb had to have a dropper for the full effect. Once the photos were taken, it came straight off, believe me.

Obviously, when I come to sell it, in about a weeks time based on my previous build/sell ratio, it will have to have a dropper, for anyone to even consider buying it.

The fact that I bought one of the most expensive droppers on the market, with no intention of using it, just so it matched the cockpit, should also tell you that I am completely mad and it’s all about the look.

The dropper will go back on when I come to sell it.

I’m thinking of welding a high pivot mount to the frame, just because I don’t need one, but all the cool kids have them….thoughts???
I reckon you should save the high pivot for the next carbon bike and just araldite it on.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I don't know which camp I'm in - I run a saddle bag and a dropper, I'm probably going to have to have a long hard talk to myself (again)
Be careful, a good mate of mine was behind me coming down the jump line at Cobblers Creek a few years ago. Dropper slammed down, landed hard and compressed the suspension, the rear tyre grabbed the saddle bag and jammed it between the yoke and rear wheel, dumping him over the bars and a trip to hospital.

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Yeah I get it... If you're going to build a bike, just to sell it three days later, no need
That and it's a complete waste of time. You boys keep telling yourselves you need tubeless tyres, for whatever reason. Keeps me in work, that's for sure. Tyres, latex, valves, rim tape, cush cores. Money for old rope. Believe the hype people. Tubeless rules!!!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Be careful, a good mate of mine was behind me coming down the jump line at Cobblers Creek a few years ago. Dropper slammed down, landed hard and compressed the suspension, the rear tyre grabbed the saddle bag and jammed it between the yoke and rear wheel, dumping him over the bars and a trip to hospital.
If your 'saddle bag' is going to get caught in the rear wheel you need to wear tighter fitting shorts, or at least decent undies.

PJO

in me vL comy
I had an instance in Tassie a few trips ago where I landed off something and the rear tyre whipped my shorts to my knees, locking me onto the saddle :D
Probably wouldn't have happened if you didn't have a dropper post. ;)

It would've pulled you up before you hit the wheel. Probably by your balls.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
That and it's a complete waste of time. You boys keep telling yourselves you need tubeless tyres, for whatever reason. Keeps me in work, that's for sure. Tyres, latex, valves, rim tape, cush cores. Money for old rope. Believe the hype people. Tubeless rules!!!
Ok, you're on your own with that one my brother!

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Curious, how do you decide which bit of hype you're going to chase and which hype to ignore? (Buys the latest Jibb-able bike and fits a seat-post and tubes from 2007 on it.) :eek: