DH Extreamly Custom 2008 Kona Stab Deluxe - 2010 Boxxers, 5.0, Sunline, DeeMax, X9, 5050

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2008 Kona Stab Deluxe Custom

My Pride and Joy: Spent almost every cent I have on it.

Frame - 2008 Kona Stab Deluxe (Medium)
Rear shock - Fox DHX 5.0 Tekin Tuned
forks - 2010 BoXXer Teams (White) Brand new!
Handlebars - Sunline Vone 750m's
Stem - Sunline Direct mount
Grips - ODI
Saddle - Sun Line V1
brakes - XT
Cranks - Gap and G - Moto
Chainguide - e13LG1
Pedals - CrankBrothers 5050
Rear derailleur - Sram X9
shifter - Sram X9
Cassette -Sram Small
Front hub - DeeMax
Rear hub - DeeMax
Front rim - DeeMax
Rear rim - DeeMax
Spokes - DeeMax black ones
Tyres - Maxxis
Tubes - Maxxis (soon to be tubeless)
Total weight - Don't know with new parts - Roughly 17.9kg

Other - Saving for a new frame (Intense 951) and Ti Spring.​

Custom rocker art work, I did myself.
Old Photo

Old Photo.
Before:

Up Date: 7th June.

E13LG1

Sunline Direct mount stem

8" Rotor and adapter

Last edited:

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha, loving the Zebra theme!

The bike is hot too, i bet the DHX over the Vanilla made a huuuge difference.

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah Zebra.

Haha, loving the Zebra theme!

The bike is hot too, i bet the DHX over the Vanilla made a huuuge difference.
Thanks man, it's working for the crowed too. lol
Yeah the DHX kills the Vanilla 3 Times over

haha i love the zebra clothes! and a sweet bike you have there too.
Thanks man, they cost me a lot. Thanks, I'm liking the Kona too.

lol love the zebra...should get custom paintjobby
Yeah Zebra! thanks man.
I was thinking about getting some paint done, but my mates think it would be 'over the top'. lol

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oi, you have a flat. I thought you it wud be nice to inform u before u went riding.
Nice bike though. I like your brakes, very nice!
Tom.

emarinov

Likes Bikes
Yeah Zebra Kona

yeah stross, can't wait to see it with the new swing arm and with the polished spring. going to look sick :eek:

MB

Intense Australia
Sweet bike there tiger, you must be happy with 17kgs for your bike... Have you had it on a scale recently? I would like to know exactly what it weighs so that I know what I can get mine down to... :confused:

sharp

like a spoon
hey man i have got zee same bike i love it lots:) just wondering where u may have aqquired the magical dhx 5.0, in the right size coz i am a looking.
cheers braaaa:p

A-shadow

Likes Bikes
Oi how are u keeping the zebra attached, coz i dont see zipties, string or tape, so im thinking glue??

Riedy

Likes Dirt
Lovin the zebra

Your front wheels lookin a little bit flat lol
that zebra must have a fun time up on the handle bars!

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for the Comments. LOVE THE ZEBRA

Sweet bike there tiger, you must be happy with 17kgs for your bike... Have you had it on a scale recently? I would like to know exactly what it weighs so that I know what I can get mine down to... :confused:
Haven't had it on the scales for a couple weeks, but it was a rough waight as well it was just me holding the bike on the bathroom scales, the bikes waight - my waight = 17.8kg Hope that helps.

hey man i have got zee same bike i love it lots:) just wondering where u may have aqquired the magical dhx 5.0, in the right size coz i am a looking.
cheers braaaa:p
Hey man,
Yeah there awesome as eh? :D
The Magical DHX 5.0 was from Yarra Valley cycles where I percased the bike for the best price out there. Give the friendly people there a call or check out the web site if you want to buy one.

Oi how are u keeping the zebra attached, coz i dont see zipties, string or tape, so im thinking glue??
Hey man,
Just zipties, you can't see them because there little thin ones joined together and there black. No glue.

Your front wheels lookin a little bit flat lol
that zebra must have a fun time up on the handle bars!
The Zebra loves it, you should see him, he head bangs all the way down the track! :D

Last edited:

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Forks

I'm thinking about getting the new Boxxer teams in march when they come out, what do you think?

Last edited:

caleb

Likes Bikes
hey man nice bike
i got the same... they'r awesome bikes ay
did u notice a heap of difference upgrading to the dhx 5? coz i want one but dunno if its gonna be worthy of my cash....?

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dhx 5.0

hey man nice bike
i got the same... they'r awesome bikes ay
did u notice a heap of difference upgrading to the dhx 5? coz i want one but dunno if its gonna be worthy of my cash....?
To put it bluntly, YES. but you have to take into consideration how heavy you are, if your a bigger bloke the bike would bob a lot with the Fox Van 3 if you still have the stock one. And being low at the bottom bracket this isn't good for a heavy person (Eg in rock gardens) , this is where the 5.0 does wonders, the anti bob system is great, it pedals smoothly and is a great ride, also just handling every little jump hump or bump it does wonders. my shock is currently at Tekin getting pro tuned, and will be even better when i get it back.

I think if your a little guy the shock wont be as needed as much as if your around the 90kg mark. Altho you need to take springs into it too.

Hoped that helped.

Last edited: