DH Evoltuion.

MB

Intense Australia
Hi All,

Just thought I'd post up some images of the new steed, apologies in advance for the average quality photos, I'll sort out some better ones soon.

The bike:

Intense 951 EVO - First production 27.5" (650b) DH bike available on the market. Custom finish - Works Raw with gold links.
Dorado Expert fork
CCDB coil 400lb steel spring
Cane Creek 40 series internal headset
ENVE 27.5 DH wheelset on DT Swiss 240s and DT spokes
ENVE DH bar
ENVE post
SRAM X0 10spd drivetrain, 1070 cassette
Descendant cranks, 34t hope ring
X0 Guide
Code brakes 200/200 rotors
Charge knife saddle Ti rails
SRAM Lock grips
Maxxis DH (2 ply) High Roller 2's 3c front/60 rear w/ XC tubes
Straitline AMP Pedals w/DH axles (not pictured)

17.0 kg with pedals and steel coil.

I've only ridden it for one race weekend so far but it's slack (62.5 deg) low (13.75" bbh) and short in the rear (17.5") considering it has 27.5" wheels, 2.4's and still lots of clearance (an M9 is 17.5" with 26" wheels in the middle setting). The bike is insanely stable, corners like its on rails, will drift at will (it has a 48" wheelbase!) and jumps like an Intense should (amazing). It's long in the front and I was initially concerned about the long top tube (23.5") but it feels incredible. It's hard to describe how good this bike is, but it feels poppy like a 26" 951 and is more stable than anything I have ever ridden. It's nuts.

Cheers.

Attachments

Big JD

Wheel size expert
oh Lord - must you really do this - why must we open these threads every few months and be reminded of our own worthless existence

amazing as always Mr Moon.I wish we were of a similar height and dating or brothers:shocked:

oh and it needs an Enve stem please- it doesnt look right

DirtyDingo

Banned
Holy fuck!! Not just one, you got 2 of them with similar specs...
Is the other one a Uzzi?

Fuckin awesome rides mate

driftking

Wheel size expert
Are you the lucky/hardworking champ who owns the custom M9 in the same colour and have that weird rack on the back of a very nice M3? (I think it was an M3)

MB

Intense Australia
cant wait to see that 951 in action....very sick!
You'll be riding this bike very soon my friend. Time to shred!

Holy fuck!! Not just one, you got 2 of them with similar specs...
Is the other one a Uzzi?

Fuckin awesome rides mate
Cheers! The second bike is a Tracer 275. Both bikes are running 27.5" wheels.

Are you the lucky/hardworking champ who owns the custom M9 in the same colour and have that weird rack on the back of a very nice M3? (I think it was an M3)
Sorry, not me. I have had a raw m9 though, it was insane. I wish I had an m3 to strap these two on to, now that would be special!

Thanks for the compliments all!

Last edited:

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow, what a bike.
If you ever need an insurance job done, ill happily clean out your garage!
They are both awesome!