Evie

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Yeah, I was surprised to see the 4-pots in your description, that's great. I got Level TLM 2-pots with my Lux Trail and am in the process of replacing them with G2's, big win.

Great looking bike BTW, love that rear shock and the clean lines. Congrats. I've seen one in the flesh around these parts, and they do look sweet.
I had 4-pots on the Procal. Love me some powerful brakes. I scrubbed the rotors, just waiting for the XTR pads to key in. I nearly ordered some Uberbike pads last week, glad I waited now!

Cardy George

And Americans are full of shit. I dId mY rEaseArcH so I knew what I was getting into and the number of them were complaining about how heavy the XTR shifter action is. Bullshit. After coming off the Di2 lever, I keep blowing thru the first two shifts every time.

Surprised no one picked up on the lack of electronics.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
And Americans are full of shit. I dId mY rEaseArcH so I knew what I was getting into and the number of them were complaining about how heavy the XTR shifter action is. Bullshit. After coming off the Di2 lever, I keep blowing thru the first two shifts every time.

I was waiting for a a test ride to happen before I asked about Di2 vs XTR.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Welcome back to normal. :p

Haha, nah - the thing that surprised me the most is the different rim-height profiles. Presumably the tall rear rim is for shorter spikes/snappier-feeling acceleration?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Looking forward to the verdict.

I had XTR Di2 on my Evil and mix of normal XTR and XX1 on my Superfly.
If I could have changed it over, I would have.

Routing with Di2 specific stem, bars and headset made it all too hard.

Cardy George

Welcome back to normal. :p

Haha, nah - the thing that surprised me the most is the different rim-height profiles. Presumably the tall rear rim is for shorter spikes/snappier-feeling acceleration?
That was Josh at XLR8. Told him what they were for, how fat I was, and how often I'd be using them, then gave him free license. He built the wheels he would build for himself and specced a bit fatter rim for stiffness mainly. They weren't cheap, but I'd happily buy the same again, and they were a full $1k cheaper than the direct replacement DTSWISS.

@Ultra Lord @ozzybmx I'm giving it a week before assessing anything. I'm still working through cable stretch, seat height, shock pressure, lever placement blah blah blah

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
That flexy stay!! :oops::eek::oops::eek:

Very impressive design, maybe not for my kind of build, but pretty awesome engineering there.
Back in the 2000s I had a Norco EXC 1.0 (2007?) 75 or 80mm of rear travel. Different set up obviously but marketed the same, bit of rear travel to keep the back wheel on the ground blah. It felt and rode no better than an equivalently spec'd hardtail. Hopefully this is gooder.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
That flexy stay!! :oops::eek::oops::eek:

Very impressive design, maybe not for my kind of build, but pretty awesome engineering there.
All of the new XC/ and @moorey favourite (downcountry) bikes are using flex stays to simplify the linkages and remove weight (My Cannondale has it and it's 120mm rear)