Epic - Manly Dam

ja_har

Likes Dirt
I want to do an Epic that links up the best of Manly dam, Oxford Falls and Red Hill, showing my bro the best of the area in one ride. The goal is to ride the best each of these areas has to offer with the least amount of tarmac possible, (I hate riding road). What is the best way to do it. I will be starting at Manly Vale school and would like to hit up sections such as Oxford DH, Deep Creek, Itchy & Scrathy and Grizzlys.

Any tips of best ways to join it all together are welcome.

Bike_freak

Likes Dirt
I will reccomend you buy the book by hugh flower, called 'trails australia' sydney edition. This will give you the maps of all the trails and from therw you could find the best possible way....

phantombdb

Likes Dirt
The Best of the Northern Beaches XC

Link them all via Allambie Hgts then across Warringah Rd past Skyline shops along Tristram Rd to Brooker St and your in Red Hill
Exit Red Hill via the sewer trough near Oxford Falls Rd, then ride down past the satalite stations and just go up the hill adjacent Lizard Rock
Take the Oxford Falls trails down through Bernies and come out at Deep Creeek (Crossbow park) and finish up at Narrabeen

schwing

Likes Dirt
or.....

wyatt avenue belrose to StIves ovals,
then back track behind old quarry to come out at mona vale road and ride up to the showground,
single track to cnr of forestway, cross onto forestway, ride to oxford falls rd, xc, grizzlys, nursery rhymes, deep creek to wakehurst parkway,
up and over redhill , back streets to allambie rd entrance of Manly dam, circuit this and you 'll be stuffed

PDogg

Manly Warringah MTB Club
We'll be doing a social ride on Sunday Aug 28th, that will be a Red Hill/Dam/Oxford Falls XC loop type thing. We'll decide the exact route closer to the day. Cost will be $5 insurance for non-mtba members.

All welcome, so long as you know how to ride, and can go the distance. On a long social ride we can't drag the chain too much.

Details will be on www.mwmtb.com in the next few weeks.

John U

MTB Precision
Re: Anything sooner?

Social Night Ride Wed July 6th St Ives

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All

Social ride next Wed night (July 6th) at St Ives. Meet at Acron Oval car park, St Ives, at 7:15 for a 7:30 start.

Bring your lights and come for a ride. $5 cost for those without an MTBA licence.

John U

MTB Precision
I am unsure how to use the quote function. the post above is a quote from PDogg for a manly warringah night ride.

PDogg

Manly Warringah MTB Club
I've no idea how to multiple quote, so here's a couple of answers.

With luck our social rides calendars for the next six months should be out this week (night rides are already on the website).

Bike Freak is fine to tag along! You'll keep up, you fit young man! The longer social rides will be at a faster pace than normal though, less talk and more riding. The idea is that by having these rides in addition to our normal 'all welcome' rides, the more seroius and experienced riders have the change for a good solid ride without too much stoping. This way we have a ride for all abilities in the calendar.

schmackster

NSWMTB, Manly Warringah MTB
PDogg said:
With luck our social rides calendars for the next six months should be out this week (night rides are already on the website).
Planning to have all the social ride dates posted on the website tonight if I don't fall asleep in front of the telly first. :D

webmaster@mwmtb.com