*** EBAY SCAM Beware high end bikes **

morkz_media

Likes Dirt
Hi all..

Not sure if you have seen these bikes on ebay but weary, nothing seems to check out even though they claim to be local all bikes seem dodge..

All bikes are claimed to be brand new never ridden same back drops, shit photos yes the descriptions are detailed and some parts are true however they could have been copied...

They have the following

Yeti 303 25th 6k
Yeti 303 3k
Yeti 4x 3k
Intense Slopestyle bike 3k

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/lbeck2buy/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3692

Ivan

Eats Squid
I hope you have more evidence than just a bad feeling about it, before calling the seller a scammer.

Especially considering they are offering an inspection and not offering to post the bikes.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
I hope you have more evidence than just a bad feeling about it, before calling the seller a scammer.
Pretty sure these bikes have burned a few buyers before. I'm not going to trawl, but the yetis ring a bell.

MARKL

Eats Squid
I didn't think they were a scam (who knows?) but I had a good laugh each time I read the ads 'high end...blah blah...built by engineer...' with a punchline of 'never ridden'. They are beautiful bikes I reckon its worse if it is true and they have never been ridden!

bj4x4

Likes Dirt
I don't think its a scam, the guy has a pretty good feed back score and has sold a mtb frame and a ktm motorcycle without any trouble. I would happily buy a bike from him if i could pick up.

Last edited:

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I cant see how this is a scam when he invites to come and look, and you would most likely be paying cash on pick up anyway.
Considering all the photos are taken at the same place (not random copied images), i doubt it is what your implying. Theres no real evidence to support your blame at all.

End of thread.

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
built by an engineer just sounds like bull shit to me! if its pick up or come round and have a look sure they could be alright, he's kidding him self if he says never ridden, thats a lie straight out even bikes in company museums have all be ridden

0psi

Eats Squid
Me wonders if it's just the OP's sneaky way of promoting the sale of his bikes while trying to keep to the forums rules. None of them look particularly dogdey and the OPs avatar looks suspiciously like an Aniversary edition 303. . .

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ha! I saw the yetis this morning and laughed quite hard at the engineer comment. I bought a 2008 yeti 4x last year for 2 grand with a better spec then that and it was immaculate. Plus mine is white and aqua, so I think this one is older maybe. If it is legit, buddy needs a good slap about the head for having unridden bikes. Lame arse!

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
Me wonders if it's just the OP's sneaky way of promoting the sale of his bikes while trying to keep to the forums rules. None of them look particularly dogdey and the OPs avatar looks suspiciously like an Aniversary edition 303. . .
Except morkz lives in Victoria..... :flock:

finksta

Likes Dirt
I noticed too, that all the photos were taken in May 2011. Not saying it makes it dodgy, but it is strange that you wouldn't put new photos up.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Guy who actually owns them lives near Freo, saw 2 of them built up. He's got a shit load of other yetis as well.

mjb123

Likes Bikes
Guy who actually owns them lives near Freo, saw 2 of them built up. He's got a shit load of other yetis as well.
I'll second this. He just likes high end bikes.

A bike shop told me about this a while ago. He comes in, chooses a custom spec and then effectively displays them in his house.

If you are actually keen just ask for some photos with a current newspaper or something in the background.... or worst comes to worst I can put you in touch with the shop

MARKL

Eats Squid
:rant:I don't know if this is scam, spam or un-spam (? - trying to damage somebodies sale) but can people please not start these threads unless there is some evidence about the supposed scam. Whilst I think the ad is funny Rotorburn is not an ebay chat board and may damage somebodies genuine sale and won't stop most people from being ripped off if it is a scam. If you believe the ad is a scam report it to ebay. If you see a bike reported as stolen on Rotorburn and an ad for it on ebay respond in the stolen thread:rant:

:rain:Anyhow I think it is because of the:rain:that this thread has so many responses. Mods please delete.