Ebay Carbon road frames - which are good?

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After discovering a crack in the seat tube of my roady, I may be up for a new road frame in the near future.

Has anyone here bought and ridden some of the Carbon road frames available on ebay?

If so, which model did you buy and how do you like it? What was your experience with the whole process?

Are there any models people would avoid?

Thanks

T

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Can't be bothered doing a search, but there are a bunch of chinarello threads on here with some spectacular builds.
Have a dig around and you will find them.
I think dj14 and maybe scblack did some builds.

IIITAK3NIII

Likes Dirt
Search Deng-fu bikes and Hong-fu bikes.

These are the two main competitors in the chinese carbon market. I want one too...

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Saw the Chinarello thread. I was hoping they would chime in with some "long term" reviews. And anyone else who own other models.

T

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've had an FM-001 for a year - great bike !

Got to Road Bike Review and there's approx 5 million pages under "Frames" in the forum...

big dan

Likes Dirt
Recently got a Carbonzone rb002 which is the same as an fm028 as far as i can work out. Cost me around 480 on ebay including shipping and headset. I have it built up with mix of 105 and ultegra, seems good so far but i do not really know road bikes.

czecharch

Likes Dirt
Deng Fu FM028 ISP BB30
Best bike I've ever ridden.*
Fast, super light. Handles extremely well. 7.3-4 kgs including pedals.
Hitghly recommended.
*all previous bikes were Columbus SL from many years ago, but there ya go.*

KonaAlec

Likes Dirt
I have been on a chinarello frame for the past 6 months. can't really fault it other than it being a wee bit flexy and the steerer tube was a bit ovalised so some grinding need to be done on the headset so it fitted without dragging on the frame as you turn the handlebars. I am about 90Kg and I ride over some pretty rough ground, even so the fame is still in tact. All in all pretty impressive considering its $300 price tag

I have a Miracle MT-MC008 built up with Dura Ace 7900 and it is great. Frame was under $600 delivered with a carbon stem, seatpost, headset and two bottle cages
rPF5Fl.jpg

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
After discovering a crack in the seat tube of my roady, I may be up for a new road frame in the near future.

Has anyone here bought and ridden some of the Carbon road frames available on ebay?

If so, which model did you buy and how do you like it? What was your experience with the whole process?

Are there any models people would avoid?

Thanks

T
A mate of mine in Melbourne has a HongFu, it's held up well, even to some un-roadbike like off-road riding. He's been extremely happy with it.

Having Pinarello decals or any other name brand on a generic frame is lame. Just like fake Louis Vuitton....

Last edited: