Eagle XO1 - Keep old chain on??

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
It flushes the proper lube out of the interior of the links, accelerating wear. sure there are some decent lubes to top up with, but none are as good as the factory stuff.

Additionally, many degreasers are highly alkaline (caustic) and will basically eat the chain.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Additionally, many degreasers are highly alkaline (caustic) and will basically eat the chain.
I was just searching up some recommmendations for chain lubes...

Having worked with vast quantities of caustic soda in steel tanks, pipes, pumps etc Imma say nah mate.

If your chain is made of aluminium then yes caustic will 'eat' it. But it takes a much higher strength than you'll find in degreasers, of caustic at high temperature to do anything to steel.

Caustic embrittlement causes cracking at welds and stressed areas ie you'd have to be boiling your chain in oven cleaner for the caustic to harm it.

Minlak

custom titis
I was just searching up some recommmendations for chain lubes...

Having worked with vast quantities of caustic soda in steel tanks, pipes, pumps etc Imma say nah mate.

If your chain is made of aluminium then yes caustic will 'eat' it. But it takes a much higher strength than you'll find in degreasers, of caustic at high temperature to do anything to steel.

Caustic embrittlement causes cracking at welds and stressed areas ie you'd have to be boiling your chain in oven cleaner for the caustic to harm it.
Fuck me that’s some thorough research 5 months worth.