DT Swiss Quick Release Help Wanted

749dark

Likes Dirt
Hi all,
Just got back from my morning XC training ride and i've got 2 punctures :mad:
Anyway, i'm using my 08 Stumpjumper FSR and it's got different DT Swiss QR skewers than my other bike.

This one I cannot flip the lever over to release them. They have a red nut in the centre of the plastic lever. How do I release them so I can take the wheels off?

Many Thanks

mongoosedh

Banned
Does the opposite side to the quick-release lever have an alen key hole?

Thats all I can think of, is it on so tight that it won't undo or what?

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Sounds like you have the new(ish) DT Swiss RWS skewers

Twist the red button counter-clockwise and start turning the lever counter-clockwise.

If all else fails RTFM

749dark

Likes Dirt
Does the opposite side to the quick-release lever have an alen key hole?
The allen key hole is within the red screw in the centre of the QR lever. I suspect that I need to loosen the allen key however I just want to be sure in case I damage something.

craign

Likes Dirt
You could just have gone to the DT Swiss website and got the manual. Though I've done your dirty work and attached it for you.

Though I think DT miss the point that you can turn the lever without loosening or tightening 'cause its sort of ratcheted. Put your thumb on the red bit, pull the lever out away from the fork. You can now spin the lever around in either direction. So spin it around such that when you let it go and the teeth re-engage you can easily turn it anti-clockwise to loosen it. Don't blame me if you break it 'cause I'm wrong or misunderstood.

Attachments

749dark

Likes Dirt
You could just have gone to the DT Swiss website and got the manual. Though I've done your dirty work and attached it for you.

Though I think DT miss the point that you can turn the lever without loosening or tightening 'cause its sort of ratcheted. Put your thumb on the red bit, pull the lever out away from the fork. You can now spin the lever around in either direction. So spin it around such that when you let it go and the teeth re-engage you can easily turn it anti-clockwise to loosen it. Don't blame me if you break it 'cause I'm wrong or misunderstood.
Awesome. Thanks for this.