DOWNHILL Runs Day Sunday 20th May

For those who missed the last club meeting, we decided it was time to get serious about organising some regular shuttle days for club members at McFrenzy. The first date agreed on was Sunday 20th May.

Similar format to previous runs days - the club will hire a bus and trailer for the day and maybe put on a BBQ lunch (depending on whats leftover from last Sundays race). Cost will depend on numbers, but looking at around $25.

The bus needs to be booked by the end of this week so we really need to have firm numbers by then. At this stage we are looking at a 32 seater and seats will be allocated on a first in first served basis.

Couple of things that have still to be clarified with MTBA - are full face helmets compulsory; and can non-members join in. I will let you know when that has been sorted - hopefully within the next day. Regardless of the outcome, club members will get preference over non-members for a place on the bus.

Couple of things that have still to be clarified with MTBA - are full face helmets compulsory; and can non-members join in. I will let you know when that has been sorted - hopefully within the next day. Regardless of the outcome, club members will get preference over non-members for a place on the bus.
Mixed response on these isues from Tony Scott at MTBA today. The good news (for some) is that non-members are welcome to put their name down but may have to pay a bit extra to cover insurance. For insurance reasons also, we must insist that full face helmets be worn on the day.

On the subject of timing gear, the advise was that use of such equipment may encourage reckless riding behavior and that unless we are prepared to have a couple of marshalls stationed on the track and a first aider on hand the timing equipment is a no go. Seems a shame though to have some decent equipment and not be able to use it.

louispijpers

model citizen
On the subject of timing gear, the advise was that use of such equipment may encourage reckless riding behavior and that unless we are prepared to have a couple of marshalls stationed on the track and a first aider on hand the timing equipment is a no go. Seems a shame though to have some decent equipment and not be able to use it.
Unfortunately now that i think of it that is a possibility. Theres always the 4x track:)

CAB

Likes Dirt
So far:
Tim
Louis
Jiel
Dain
me
Kieran
Jock
Little Macca
Little Macca's brotherinlaw