Downhill - Perth

nastylilweed

Likes Dirt
Hey everyone,
Queensland based rider who will be moving across to Perth in the coming months with work.

I am riding a lot in Queensland and would hate to think that that will stop when moving over this way. I have done some googling on the downhill tracks around this area but I am sure there will be a few in crowd venues that won't be discussed openly.

Anyone care to shed some light via pm on these locations and tracks?

Would be rad!

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
PM isn't really necessary.

First step, join "PDMBC" on Facebook, and check out pdmbc.com. This is the Peel Districts MTB Club, who run DH races. Great way to meet other riders, ride new tracks and have fun times at the races.

If you are located in the CBD area:
- Mundaring is approx 30 mins away. Heaps of different short little runs in good, pine forrest dirt. Can shuttle.
- Goatfarm is about the same distance. Less popular that Mundaring, it has a couple of good rock gardens and plenty of jumps. Take water and sunscreen, not many trees.
- Dwellingup is a bit over an hour away, and is the mecca of DH over here. In a pine forrest, shuttleable, great tracks. Is subject to logging in the near future, so get in quick.

Then there are several more tracks further afield.

nastylilweed

Likes Dirt
Awesome,

What other tracks are further away? I live in central Brisbane at the moment and I am fairly used to travelling to ride. A good excuse to disappear to go riding.

Thanks for the info. I will probably be relocating about March April next year so it should be a goer. The bike will be the first thing being unloaded..

Nothing better than finding new tracks to ride!

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you do a trip down southern WA, its apparently pretty good. Around a 4 or more hour drive.

Dwellingup is fun, and Jharradale.