Don't Buy a Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Carbon

Jpez

Down on the left!
I’ve had an ongoing warranty with PNW recently for a defective dropper and they have been the exact opposite of GG. Totally responsive, apologetic, not in the slightest trying to dodge responsibility and were more than happy to pick up the shipping costs TWICE for an ongoing bad luck issue and to top it off they threw in a free set of grips and a tshirt for the inconvenience. They also let me keep the old dropper that still works until my new frame arrives( different size) but still send out the replacement.
The complete opposite of GG. PNW have gained a customer for life with the way they have conducted themselves. GG could learn a lot.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
This ^ is how it's done.

...we can send an invoice for the shipping cost to return the frame back to you.
Are they for real?

We'll pay to get our broken frame back so we can look at it, and then we'll hold it hostage until you pay us the international shipping cost for a second time so we can send you what you ordered and paid for in the first place.

For their sake I hope the owner (or investors?) knows what they're up to. If it was my company I'd be royally pissed that a customer was being treated this way.

LPG

likes thicc birds
This is ridiculous. Not only did you not get what you were after (blue rated seatstays), you get it late and then it wasn't right. You have been patient enough and it is getting ridiculous.

I would not be sending the frame back in any way shape or form until I had a refund - The keenness to have the frame in house suggests coverup to me.
They probably want to try and fix it in house by just replacing or working the shock mounts some how. I suspect they are having enough trouble keeping up with demand and doing a small fix is easier in their production line. Maybe they have heaps of twisted frames and they are going to try and mix and matchparta to equalise the issue! (Don't take that last bit seriously)

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Now they will pay to get their frame back will this put you in a better position to get a full refund ?
They get their frame and you can get a frame fit for purpose. I would hate it to come back fixed amd only rated for green trails.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Trying to be even handed in this but it's difficult when you look at how they behave.

It sounds like they think they're doing you a favour.
They're not.

The product is not as advertised or designed.
Options are
Refund,
Repair,
Replacement.

And no, I wouldn't want to have the cost of shipping out what they should have sent you first time. You've already paid that.

I can get their viewpoint of they want the frame back. If they do, come and get it / arrange collection.

You need to decide if you like it enough to get a replacement. And what will happen if you have another warranty issue? Do they have a 1 strike rule?

If not, get it boxed up, let them collect it and refund you.
I'd explain that to them, and that you would anticipate the refund paid to you upon collection of the frame from their freight arrangement.

How can something designed for fun be such a pain? :(

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Between a rock and a hard place @komdotkom... I'd be pushing for a refund as others have said. After how they've reacted so far, it's too high risk to send it off to them and give them a chance to say "there's nothing wrong with it", or hold a replacement ransom until you pay for a second round of shipping which is also patently bullshit.

Have you investigated CC chargeback possibilities as others have said? Bit of a nuclear option obviously, but worth knowing if it's a trigger you can realistically pull if they keep being dicks.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They (GG) are worrying about who is going to cover shipping after they first screwed up the rear triangle, turned around and said its only 'blue' trail rated, whatever that means, and now having alignment issues? Really?
Holy shit.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This experience should be the case study for every customer service textbook.
Pathetic from Guerilla Gravity.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Seems odd to be too, they have to pay to ship me the replacement seat stays anyway.
I don't mind shipping it back to them before the refund but I'll make a couple of jigs and videos to evidence the issues so if they try and get off the hook I will have irrefutable proof. I may even consider putting some indelible marks on the frame to ensure that there is no shenanigans at their end.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Seems odd to be too, they have to pay to ship me the replacement seat stays anyway.
I don't mind shipping it back to them before the refund but I'll make a couple of jigs and videos to evidence the issues so if they try and get off the hook I will have irrefutable proof. I may even consider putting some indelible marks on the frame to ensure that there is no shenanigans at their end.
Honestly I wouldn't send it back to them till you have in writing that they will sort it out. Once they have the frame you will have to lawyer up to get anything out of them. If you ship it to them charge back your credit card the day they received the frame and call it a day. I'll send you my Prime frame to get you through till a giant frame is available.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Absolutely do not trust them to do the right thing.
It makes one wonder how well they're doing if they're penny pinching like this.

Serial number, make note of all relevant measurements and send off.

Good luck with it and keep the pressure on them.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Here's the response from GG, what a load of shit

James Goss (Guerrilla Gravity)
Jul 12, 2021, 14:47 CST
Hey David,

I spoke with my Operations Manager and we will have to get the frame in-house for inspection, but we can cover the shipping cost to get the frame back to us. Once we have inspected and determined how to proceed, whether it's a repair or replacement, we can send an invoice for the shipping cost to return the frame back to you.

How does this sound to you?
Rider Support Rep
Guerrilla Gravity
(303) 955- 4163
Bikes@ridegg.com
I'd be stoked on that reply and I'd not think twice about doing it. They're agreeing to look into the alleged issue, covering the cost of freight to them and inspecting the problem. This is 100% the warranty process and not it any way does it sound like they're trying to shaft you. I get that you're up in arms about this and it seems like you've been reasonable with them about it and now it seems like you're getting a good process to resolve the issue. Honestly, I'm being realistic here, I've completed over 500 warranty claims this year and trust me; this is the correct approach from them.
Of course this process is in the motions so I won't go too hard on this just yet but can all you guys posting about a company you've possibly never heard of stop doing it? The whole planet is copping a fair old smack in the ear right now with people losing employment by being forced to stay at home or being ill, we all need to learn some compassion I reckon. Yeah fair cop, that should go both ways with companies playing their part. Fingers crossed they resolve your issue and you ride your bike soon.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
This is 100% the warranty process and not it any way does it sound like they're trying to shaft you.
No way. I have never had a company ask me to pay for return shipping after dealing with a legitimate warranty issue. If they said "if upon inspection it is deemed not a warranty issue, we will ask for return shipping and $X for processing/fixing", then I could go along with it.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I'd be stoked on that reply and I'd not think twice about doing it. They're agreeing to look into the alleged issue, covering the cost of freight to them and inspecting the problem. This is 100% the warranty process and not it any way does it sound like they're trying to shaft you. I get that you're up in arms about this and it seems like you've been reasonable with them about it and now it seems like you're getting a good process to resolve the issue. Honestly, I'm being realistic here, I've completed over 500 warranty claims this year and trust me; this is the correct approach from them.
Of course this process is in the motions so I won't go too hard on this just yet but can all you guys posting about a company you've possibly never heard of stop doing it? The whole planet is copping a fair old smack in the ear right now with people losing employment by being forced to stay at home or being ill, we all need to learn some compassion I reckon. Yeah fair cop, that should go both ways with companies playing their part. Fingers crossed they resolve your issue and you ride your bike soon.
Bwahahaha they have finally started to do partially the right thing after pressure being applied by the customer and we are supposed to lay off and be nice because of COVID, think of the children!

They sent a defective product and should replace it at their cost, if they don't like it don't send out bent frames. Hopefully you have not treated your 500 claimants this poorly.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I won't go too hard on this just yet but can all you guys posting about a company you've possibly never heard of stop doing it?
So are you locking the thread ? Banning people ?

A genuine gripe on Rotorburn, supporting a fellow Aussie member with issue that could affect any one of us and we get our wings clipped. The first thread in 10 years that hasn't descended into nonsense.

Ok back meaningless trash talk everyone, as you were :rolleyes:

Litenbror

Eats Squid
So are you locking the thread ? Banning people ?

A genuine gripe on Rotorburn, supporting a fellow Aussie member with issue that could affect any one of us and we get our wings clipped. The first thread in 10 years that hasn't descended into nonsense.

Ok back meaningless trash talk everyone, as you were :rolleyes:
Second this ^^ I'll take a ban for calling BS and supporting a member if that's what your threatening?