Do cassette cogs fit on campagnolo hubs?

GrubNut

Likes Dirt
Do cassette cogs (shimano, surly, endless, Ck, etc) fit on campagnolo cassette hubs?

Last edited:

Some Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Campy freehubs have a different spline, so cassettes and cogs would need the campy spline to fit.

LJohn

Likes Dirt
There are different speeds, eg 8/9/10 speed cogs but I think the spline shape is the same. May have gotten a little deeper on the 10 speed to compensate for cog bite.

Short answer, no, I don't think anyone even makes single-speed cogs for campy splines. Not enough market in singlespeed road and no campy splines offroad.

GrubNut

Likes Dirt
I was looking at an insanely cheap second hand campagnolo record wheelset, with a view to running them single speed. My single speed gear is all of the cassette cog type - lots of surly and shimano cogs and dt swiss and shimano hubs.

As far as I know you can't get campy cogs that are suitable for single speed, and in any case since I already have a full set of cogs and want get hubs that are compatable with all of that.

morgs

morgs
As far as I know you can't get campy cogs that are suitable for single speed said:
You can purchase after market Campy sprockets singly, the 9 speed ones are steel and look up to the job. Miche brand are the most common, they are available here in quite a few shops, Greengrocer in Goulburn was the last place I saw a rack full. Getting spacers will be a bigger problem I'd say if you want to run SS. If you need a full cluster then they also make Campy clusters with Shimano splines and vice versa. The difference in spacing is that Campy put the tenth sprocket over the inner flange, Shimano tighten up the spacing of the cluster. A good quality Shimano 9 speed chain like a Dura Ace will work nicely on a 10 speed Campy cluster.