Dirt quarter pipe?

Rian

Likes Dirt
Me and my mates want to build one.
I'll most likely get dirt delivered, so I was thinking of dumping the piles on each end and then shaping?
Has anyone done this before?
Any instructions?
things to do.
HOW TO DO IT?

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm actually trying to carve one out of our dam wall, tricky though, dirt doesn't want to stay vert, may need some water....

Oh, search Pinkbike photo database for ideas, some good stuff there.

DunCon

Likes Dirt
i have seen them being dug into the ground before work realy well except make sure you ding some good draining

grundy

Likes Dirt

mmmm epic, me and a mate carved a quarter pipe out of a 3 meter bank once it was awsome, wasnt quite vert though

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think you will need some carpet regardless of what soil type you have for starters, in my opinion, make it out of wood cause it will last a load longer and you won't need to manicure it

patto_15

Wheel size expert
you wont need carpet... but... if you want it to stay near vert, i would include some cement in your soil mix on the lips for added strength and support ;)

Camz_47

Likes Bikes
Yea you can make a Skate Park or whatever you want out of dirt look at this picture i saw ages ago on NSMB and it doesn't look like they used carpet.

Dirt bowl.jpg

Last edited:

Jay_Patriot

Likes Bikes
Yea you can make a Skate Park or whatever you want out of dirt look at this picture i saw ages ago on NSMB and it doesn't look like they used carpet.

View attachment 111493
Thats pretty sweet, however, when the local council made our local skate park, thaks what it looked like before they concreted it,

Heres a sweet tip i picked up off a mate who builds Motocross tracks...,

Build your jumps,
while they are setting/ curing;
- Lay chicken wire over lip's and cover with a bit more dirt and cement powder.
- Compact with roller/ heavy blunt object ;)

carpet rots and goes blahhhhh after awhile... chicken wire, even when in moist dirt won't rust and cause punctures.....

oh well,
hope i contributed constructively,

jb