Dirt Jumpers Wanted for photography

aquaman

Squid
Hi,

I am looking for some dirt jumpers to photograph for a pictorial article about the dirt jumping scene in NSW.

Talented riders wanted within about two hours drive of Sydney CBD for 2 or 3 photo sessions about 2 hours long. Must be reliable and be prepared to co-operate to produce great photos.

Unfortunately I can't pay riders, however I happy to provide free prints (enlargements) and electronic copies of the best photos. If the photos come out well I will attempt to get something published in mags, but can't make any promises.

My portfolio can be viewed at www.derekwaterman.com

If you are interested please email me with your location/details at:

info@derekwaterman.com

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Derek

Nettheim

Likes Dirt
I have some in the back of my van if you want to come take a look.

The best approach is to ask the riders for a shoot rather then wait for them to come to you. Head down to your local spot and with luck you could find afew rippers who you could strike up conversation with.

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Listen to Nelly, he has years of experience on sneaking up on young whipper snappers and striking a conversation.

But yes, show up get your name known, I doubt you will get anyone from here apart from a hoard of kids just off trainer wheels wanting photos for their myspace.

Nettheim

Likes Dirt
Listen to Nelly, he has years of experience on sneaking up on young whipper snappers and striking a conversation.

But yes, show up get your name known, I doubt you will get anyone from here apart from a hoard of kids just off trainer wheels wanting photos for their myspace.
haha why the emphasis on young?

djryder

Likes Bikes
You could deffinately come and shoot with us. There are some new dirt jumps in Thirroul and also some bigger old ones, all made by me and my mates. There are 5 main riders including me, who are always happy to ride hard for some nice photos. Shorty (Shayne Gilyeat) , a very well known Aussie dirt jumper who has been in revolution magazine many times has also rode our jumps with us.

Two older videos:
http://www.vimeo.com/3829369

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/45245/

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I will also email you
Thanks

Last edited:
me and some friends just built a step up so if you want you can come down to St Ives. were not that great riders and we'll probably epically fail quite a bit (especially me) but it'll be entertaining

aquaman

Squid
Thanks

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks to all the riders who responded to my posts. I wasn't expecting such a big response and I hope I have managed to get back to everyone.

I have completed 2 photo shoots and the results are awesome.

2 more shoots to go.

I will post an update once I know where the photos are going to be published.

Cheers.

moto-james

Likes Dirt
Hey derick.
im the guy on the white NS suburban at red hill.

Thanks for sending me the photos a couple of months ago
Sorry i didnt get back to you to say thanks. my internet has been screwd for months.

i was just wondering whether you would be able to send me a few full res pics?
cheers;)