Did your bike come with the stick "This bike isn't designed for off road use"?

NASHWORTH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't know about that one on my bike but I found this funny as one on my little brothers scooter. I laughed hard, look at the first line.

edit: ill get a bigger picture soon imageshack is giving me the shits
it basically says "This product moves when used"
haha
Are people that stupid and fucked up in the head that they wont know that a scooter moves when they're using it? ROFL

My marzocchi 66's, which are a freeride/DH fork came with with a sticker that said "not for freeride or Extreme DH use". Oh and my rincon came with all the other warning stickers saying not to use it off road. They should see some of the shit I've thrown it down!

EDIT: then again, someone in America has probably tried to sue them for that exact reason (that they didn't know that it moved when they used it, and they hurt themselves).

Last edited:

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
then again, someone in America has probably tried to sue them for that exact reason (that they didn't know that it moved when they used it, and they hurt themselves).
Or some lawyer who desperately needs to justify his over-inflated salary foresaw the possibility of just such a lawsuit, and recommended they put that on the sticker just to cover their arses.

kholden_1992

Likes Dirt
my kona didn't

the only warning sticker i got was on the dj3's saying do not use for downhill, freeride or extreme freeride

this product does not prevent serious injury or death lol

lol too late

No Judge

Likes Dirt
Oh and my rincon came with all the other warning stickers saying not to use it off road. They should see some of the shit I've thrown it down!.
Yeah, my 06 rincon has survived everything ive thrown at it so far!! There was even a time i wanted it to break so id have an excuse to buy another bike!!

then again, someone in America has probably tried to sue them for that exact reason (that they didn't know that it moved when they used it, and they hurt themselves).
It wouldnt surprise me. There is a story from a few years back of a woman in the States who had a cardiac arrest (ie her heart stopped beating and she stopped breathing), another lady gave her CPR and saved her life - then the woman sued the lady for breaking her ribs during CPR..... AND WON!!!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
There is a story from a few years back of a woman in the States who had a cardiac arrest (ie her heart stopped beating and she stopped breathing), another lady gave her CPR and saved her life - then the woman sued the lady for breaking her ribs during CPR..... AND WON!!!
I find this hard to believe, even in the US. Do you have a link to a news story or something?

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
The full story is that the CPR performer didn't carry out the procedure correctly.
Not necessarily. As I learned in my first aid course, there is a possibility of breaking a rib or two when doing it. And she must have done something right, because the woman lived.

I know if it was me, I'd much rather be alive with a broken rib or two, than the alternative. Bloody ungrateful cow.

No Judge

Likes Dirt
I find this hard to believe, even in the US. Do you have a link to a news story or something? .
Ill see if I can find it Spike, no promises though as I read it a while ago....

Not necessarily. As I learned in my first aid course, there is a possibility of breaking a rib or two when doing it. And she must have done something right, because the woman lived.

I know if it was me, I'd much rather be alive with a broken rib or two, than the alternative. Bloody ungrateful cow.
As an ambulance paramedic and having done CPR too many times to count, I can agree. Breaking ribs is a consequence. Ive personally broken ribs and a few sternums doing CPR. And correct, the woman lived, so she must have been doing something right.

hawkeye

Likes Bikes
Regan of Gong

That sticker is hard to beat... :p

My first didn't come with any stickers at all. It was (is) a Mongoose Tyax Super - if it had had anything like those bogus warning stickers on it I'd have given my LBS a serve and insisted they take it back.

My C'dale has a few choicely worded warning comments in the manual about riding within your abilities and the bike providing no protection from injury - all sensible stuff. It seems my comprehension skills aren't so good though. I have a habit of exceeding my skill level and going OTB. :(