Dia Compe Bulldog Brake Question?

Semtex1979

Likes Bikes
Hi there

I just bought a front Bulldog brake Dia Compe for my Old School BMX. And have realised that the set up of this caliper brake is actually for a gyro system where the cable is fed into the brake upside down and secured at the top then it goes up the forks etc etc. Please see the link which will take u to a pic of the brake I am talking about (http://store.airbomb.com/mmAirbomb/Images/large/q/BR1046.jpg)

This is the type I have as u can see, I need it to feed top down as I dont have a gyro is there a way to reverse this on this brake or do I need to buy a new one. The reason I bought this brake is because I need a black front brake for my bmx that is a caliper brake. If it cant be reversed can anyone recommend where to buy a black front caliper brake like this but where it feeds top down?

Thanks

Milan C :)

bmx>mtb

Likes Dirt
couldnt you just have it like a normal front brake cable going down the side of the head tube and just feed it in from the bottom?

Semtex1979

Likes Bikes
Hmm not sure what u mean do u mean u can still use this brake even tho no gyro. I would have to cable tie the brake cable to the fork.... would look weird no?

Milan C

bmx>mtb

Likes Dirt
just means you will have a little loop in the cable under the caliper,
but from my experice with caliper brakes those bulldogs are the best.

Semtex1979

Likes Bikes
ok yeah they are mad but just worried the cable will flap everywhere how would u secure it in this situation?

Milan C