DHX5 Air + Totems

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ITEM - DHX 5 Air or similair shock in 7.5 x 2 to replace a Fox float rp3
PRICE - Wouldn't have a clue what they're worth these days
LOCATION - Anywere as long as seller is happy to post to Gold Coast. Can pick up within greater SEQ
EXTRA INFO - Pimping out my 08 speacilized sx so needs to fit that.

And also chasing a set of Rockshox Totems. Needs to be 1 1/8 and minimum of 200mm steer. Same as above. Wouldnt have a clue as to what theure worth so what ever the seller wants, and also postage or pick up within SEQ

Probably pushing my luck with both those items but see how we go.

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To the top.

WIll consider any piggy back type shocks within those dimensions. And will also consider any other single crown fork in 1 1/8. Fox 36's, RS Lyrik, anything 160+ travel

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
200 was being 25mm genorous so it shluld be good.

Do you have some photos?
I can post some tomorrow/Thursday. I'm toying with putting them on my new enduro rig. But could be convinced to sell, the rest of team totem have all moved away.

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can post some tomorrow/Thursday. I'm toying with putting them on my new enduro rig. But could be convinced to sell, the rest of team totem have all moved away.

Yea thats sweet as man

Id prefer if you sold them to be honest :) It would benifit me a tonne :)

Back in 2010 there were heaps of totems, now it seems like they've literally all gone missing?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yea thats sweet as man

Id prefer if you sold them to be honest :) It would benifit me a tonne :)

Back in 2010 there were heaps of totems, now it seems like they've literally all gone missing?
Ceasing production of the totem will long be rock shox greatest flop. Such an awesome fork. Those of us that have them are quite protective!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I wish, they wouldn't sell if that was the case. Being very far from a trendy fork they won't fetch more than $2000 in the market.

I just need to have a look around and see what I can replace them with, as these are my only spare forks for the new build. The in-out ratio may see me need to stretch some more life from them.

I've also got the Marz 66 Ti (as featured on my 951) if you could be tempted by something other than the totems. But it doesnt really solve.anything for me, so not sure what the purpose of mentioning it is.

Have you had any luck with the shock? The stroke was always short on these beautiful bikes.

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was set on totems becauae they feel so good, but could be tempted to sway to marzocchi.

Nah not much luck in the shock department yet either. Im currently riding around with a blown shock wich im getting over really quickly. Ive seen aome 06 specializeds, same as mine, with dhx4/5 coil shocks, so im going to re measure and may go down that path.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Was set on totems becauae they feel so good, but could be tempted to sway to marzocchi.

Nah not much luck in the shock department yet either. Im currently riding around with a blown shock wich im getting over really quickly. Ive seen aome 06 specializeds, same as mine, with dhx4/5 coil shocks, so im going to re measure and may go down that path.
From memory a lot of the later models were coming stock with the coil shock and fork. It adds a fair bit of weight, which was one of the 2 reasons that stopped me grabbing one at the time. The other was the metallic poo coloured paint.

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I grabbed this as soon as i saw it advertised, i have 2016 range and aurum, and i seriously prefer riding this more. It's just so god dam playful! If i can beef the spec up a bit, it will more then likely be one of the funnest bikes ive owned

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've ridden one that era a few times (friend had one back in the day) and they are a fun bike. That rear shock is rather under gunned! I was considering the more modern styled one, 2010 I think it was.

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A fox RP3, wich is what is on it, in my opinion is a more xc shock. something a bit bigger would seriously set the bike off!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
These were much harder to photograph than I expected! There are a few pin head marks on the uppers and a light scuff that shows up when the light hits it from the right angle (see really bad efforts to capture this below).

DSC_1346~2.jpg

DSC_1345~2.jpg

View attachment 333163

DSC_1362~2.jpg

DSC_1354~3.jpg

DSC_1358~2.jpg

DSC_1352~2.jpg

DSC_1352~2.jpg

DSC_1355~2.jpg

DSC_1360~3.jpg

DSC_1363~2.jpg

DSC_1360~2.jpg

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ look very clean except that tiny scratch. How does one keep fork lowers in such good condition?