DH WORLD CUP 2015 - follow the season here with predictions, laments and discussion!

MARKL

Eats Squid
Brosnan came off and broke his finger. Looks a bit manky, hope he is ok for the worlds.

I honestly didn't think he'd have the pace to stick it Gwin after his flyer, but when that first split came up I was stoked. Shame in the end.

I'm still hanging for Connor Fearon to get back his confidence, he had a stand out season.
Thanks for that, like Johnny I couldn't work out what happened to Troy, he looked faster everywhere we saw. Gwin is a freak, so much speed and hardly ever comes off. I was stoked to Minnaar getting loose, nice to see one of the boys that is always straight somewhere over that ragged edge.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
DH WORLD CUP 2015 - follow the season here with predictions, laments and disc...

Troy's got to be the fastest rider out there. Stop bloody crashing!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, I reckon if Troy can stop crashing and get some consistency he's the next big thing. Although, I reckon it might be harder to stop crashing at top speed than to increase your top speed by 1-2% (based on my vast experience in being a world class athlete, and all.....:lie: )

Loic Bruni is that guy who seems to hold things together but just misses out on the #1 spot. His body will likely fall apart later than Troy's and allow him more time with full confidence and full runs to push that little bit more to take that half a second off.

To be honest, I don't have a fucking clue what I'm talking about here. So feel free to laugh and ignore.....

Odissius

Likes Dirt
Yes it appears Troy is going to be the fastest Aussie for the next couple of seasons. Interesting to think he pulled a fourth there back in '11 as a junior. 4 years later one step higher but the same guy standing on top, Gwin is certainly going to make it difficult for riders like Brosnan and Bruni to make there mark. Though going off some of his splits in the last couple of rounds Brosnan definitely has the speed to do something special in Andorra…

Any news on Hill's run? I thought he might have pulled a top 20 at this one. Really is such a shame he got hurt this year. Given the way he was riding at the end of last year it would've been awesome to see him and Gwin battle it out.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Here's the finger
He's got 3 others on that hand. No dramas.

Also, Troy is without doubt, the best at crashing and still making the podium. Couple of tweaks and he's the man by a fair way, unless Sam's on song.

Last edited:
Yeah, I reckon if Troy can stop crashing and get some consistency he's the next big thing. Although, I reckon it might be harder to stop crashing at top speed than to increase your top speed by 1-2% (based on my vast experience in being a world class athlete, and all.....:lie:

To be honest, I don't have a fucking clue what I'm talking about here. So feel free to laugh and ignore.....
Not far off the mark, Johnny. Agree that consistency is going to be key for Troy- he's reached that cusp from up-&-comer to seasoned senior & having been an understudy for so long he now needs to deliver. EDIT: And not said at all unkindly, I think that's the sentiment Troy would be feeling himself, after all he's been quietly going about his business for the last few years & improving with each one, consistently getting podiums, setting fastest qualies etc, so I imagine he's naturally searching out the key to the only thing now missing in the entire equation- victories.

Yes it appears Troy is going to be the fastest Aussie for the next couple of seasons. Interesting to think he pulled a fourth there back in '11 as a junior. 4 years later one step higher but the same guy standing on top, Gwin is certainly going to make it difficult for riders like Brosnan and Bruni to make there mark. Though going off some of his splits in the last couple of rounds Brosnan definitely has the speed to do something special in Andorra…
Sparing injury to Aaron, everyone's going to be searching in his shadows for a few years yet. And for that reason alone I don't see Troy staying on at Specialized for much longer if Gwin remains their principle rider (& let's face it, why would Gwin even consider leaving? Would be a great wicket for him).

Going to be interesting in general to see how the silly season goes once Worlds is out of the way. Reckon there's going to be a few eyebrow raising shifts & a couple of (surprising, & not-so surprising) retirements.

Speaking of retirements, was saddened to hear that Emmeline Ragot's decided to call it a day. Horrible way for her to go out after that crash at MSA. She brought a really cool 'straight down the line' approach to the womens DH. Clearly a very clever cookie too given she's just finished studying to be a physio- speaks volumes about her focus & abilities. Can't imagine it's an easy thing to juggle that study & workload while trying to be the best female DHer in the world. Maybe we'll see her back working with the French MTB/Cycling teams in the none too distant future.

This photo of Dave Trumpore's would have to be one of my pics of the year- Rachel Atherton carrying an injured Emmeline (unable to walk) to the podium for the WC Overall presentation on the weekend. Class act on Rachel's part. Massive decade-long rivalry between the two of them & says a lot about the respect for one another.
Rach Atherton.jpg

Last edited:

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
What a race... just watched the replay.

How did Sam go? I know he qualified well down the list but I only saw results of the top 20...

The Fish

Likes Bikes
Can someone tell me what Greg Minnar was bashing his bike for after his crash? triple crowns needing aligning or something?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Can someone tell me what Greg Minnar was bashing his bike for after his crash? triple crowns needing aligning or something?
He said his bars had twisted and the brake lever had moved. I personally could figure the bar issue unless he wasn't running a DM stem.

The Fish

Likes Bikes
He said his bars had twisted and the brake lever had moved. I personally could figure the bar issue unless he wasn't running a DM stem.
I thought he was punch drunk or something, straightening carbon bars on triple clamps? He hit the deck hard!

MARKL

Eats Squid
Top crown twisted relative to the bottom crown, reminded me of my old RST forks :pound: which used to do that frequently.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
What a race... just watched the replay.

How did Sam go? I know he qualified well down the list but I only saw results of the top 20...
Also wondering what happened to Sam, would've thought he'd be up there in qualifying and/or race. Haven't seen or heard anything