DH tracks from Gold Coast to Gympie

Aurum123

Cannon Fodder
G'day guys,

I am new to the DH scene and am looking for tracks to ride and people to ride them with.
If anyone is keen or can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. I have been scouring the threads on this page for some time now and have a general idea on what is on offer. Also, I am based on the Sunshine Coast so if anyone is nearby and keen PM me.

Cheers

morticus

Likes Dirt
Hey mate, im moving to bris in 4 weeks and will be looking for tracks to ride too. I have ridden outlook at nerang and beerburrum, ill be keen for some shuttles somewhere if you can find something!

Hey guys

I, too, am looking for people to ride with in the weekends.

I've been riding/learning clear mountains, which is a good fun track for a newbie and the push up isn't too bad.

PM me if you guys are keen for a ride. I'll be hitting clearies this sat, prob around 10am

Marv

swoody

Squid
hey guys, we have a pretty good crew who ride every weekend between races. there are over a dozen of us and a few ride shuttles every other weekend. we ride from gympie to goldy to toowoombah pending weather and who can drive. always looking for new riders.
ps- we do a lot of digging too so its a give take thing :) if your keen on the scene let me know
stu

spudda

Likes Bikes
Are you all mainly weekend riders? I work 7 on 7 off, if I don't spend the weekend with the wife when she's not working trouble brews. Rather hard trying to find people keen for midweek shuttles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spudda

Likes Bikes
All good, occasionally I can get out for half a day on the weekend. Until then solo sessions of getting lost and trying to find tracks around Brisbane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swoody

Squid
beerburrum - easy shuttle.
t-bar: shit shuttle. great track.
clear mountain. fun track. easy shuttle.

there are a few on private land opening up we know of out west (ipswich area) the scene out there seems to be growing in general.
seeing as sunshine series just finished a lot of ppl will be keen to dig and ride again. we have a crew that dig most weekends. or for the best info join the SEQ trail alliance

chinski

Likes Bikes
shuttles !!?? sounds fun ! is that where you don't even have to push your bike back to the top of the hill !! cheating i call that !

i've never done a DH run that didn't include pushing bastard bike to top of hill, i'm keen to ride some hills that are possible to drive up / ride down, i have a 2 seater subaru brumby ute that has 2 seats & can fit 2 bikes if anyone is keen to do some 3 drives up / 3 drives down sort of stuff ????? it has 2001 WRX Turbo engine & AWD running gear & can shuttle quick AS FUCK !!! boooooooost !

morticus

Likes Dirt
Was thinking of heading up to ride Beerburrum on the weekend. Is anyone else around? I can only fit 2 bikes on the shuttle rig, wifey will be driving unless someone else has a better idea.

chinski

Likes Bikes
Ill be home from work on 5th October ! I'm keen in the 5 weeks following that date , not much help to ya now though

BMW

Cannon Fodder
Gday guys im working 7&7 at the moment as well. im on the gold coast and haven't riden for probably 5 years and am really keen to get back into it as long as I can find a few good tracks and some blokes to ride with.

ps don't mind digging either, are most guys on here downhill only or more freeride as well?

morticus

Likes Dirt
I'm a bit of everything, don't really care as long as I'm on a bike and its pointed down a hill. Heading to Clear mountain tomorrow to check out the track there, the 40 foot step down sound like fun :) Let me know if you are that keen haha

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
Hi Morticus,

I could be keen for a ride out. next weekend maybe somewhere would suit me.

I dont have a downhill bike however, just a fairly solid build 180/160mm AM bike

cheers
Pete