DH riding and City shots mash up

Andrew Benson

Likes Dirt
Really? I thought the music was a good choice. You blended and edited it in nicely.
Yes. if you pay attention to other downhill videos they dont have techno or whatever music that is they either have chilled out music or regular music, not techno or hard out.
Pay attention to Sean Anderson, Jake Lucas, The Parkins Brothers, clay porter they very rarely use such music

PirateKing

Likes Dirt
Yes. if you pay attention to other downhill videos they dont have techno or whatever music that is they either have chilled out music or regular music, not techno or hard out.
Pay attention to Sean Anderson, Jake Lucas, The Parkins Brothers, clay porter they very rarely use such music
I reckon the music was pretty good too, suited the edit well.

Not doing what everyone else is doing doesn't mean it's bad. I don't like the new style of video's that are all chilled out music the whole time to be honest, and I don't think I'm the only one thinking that. Riding video's are supposed to get you pumped to go ride, these days the footage is amazing but the soundtracks make me want to go to sleep.

Check out Unlimited 3, I reckon it has one of the best soundtracks for a recent longish video.

http://vimeo.com/19083957

Last edited:

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
Im pushing 40 and im not into this type of music but it still suited the clip.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Couldn't help but laugh sorry. "Its the wrong genre for riding, its different to what others are doing therefore its not good." How come just about all movie previews/shorts have something catchy - look at Follow Me.

I couldn't agree more with Pirate King or Robbo. Gave the clip some energy and rhythm. Its not my preferred genre of music, but it was matched well. Like Pirate King I'm not a sucker for all this mopey dopey casual stuff. Doesn't necissarily have to be 'techo music or hard out' but just something that provides a backdrop of energy. If you have seen Seasons, you'll know the closing scene is a calm but also beaty/energetic Cat Empire song, but it still supports the clip. To add to that, just about all the old school vids used punk or pump up music. The songs goin through the scene at the moment are just another trend IMO.

How can a genre be right or wrong for a video? Theres definatelly no right choice. +1 to the idea that its not the song (or the riding for that matter), but what you do with it.

Danny B

Likes Dirt
From a technical POV, maybe you should look shoot vids on overcast days - the light's better much better then - better colour and you won't get all those "blown out" sunny spots in shot.

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
Thanks 'Danny B' for that idea. Is somthing to aim for when filming now and have more flexibility on the date. Thanks

Could have done with some Cannibal Corpse or Morbid Angel. After all - it isn't a video on golf or tennis.

Last edited: