DH rear hub.

trailsnail

Likes Dirt
I came across this at http://www.thebikeshedmortdale.com.au... 135x10mm

It looks like the flange on the disc side of the hub has been moved over to mirror the drive side.
Im assuming this is to use matching spoke lengths to build a stronger wheel.
Does having flanges this close together make the wheel any weaker?

The 150mm version looks way stronger.

It seems like they designed the 150mm hub and just pushed everything over for the 135mm version.
I could be completley wrong, Thats just how it seems to me.

Has anybody used the 135mm version?
does it build a strong wheel?

Trailsnail.:confused:

dilzy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The symetrical spacing just means that with a 135 wheel, instead of it being strong when bent towards the drive side and weak when bent towards the brake side, it will just be as weak in both directions.

Equal length spokes do not produce a stronger wheel, it just means it's going to be equally as strong in both directions.

IMHO, that hub is a load of crap. Your losing strength in one direction and gaining next to nothing, maybe a slightly easier build.

trailsnail

Likes Dirt
That makes a heap of sense to me.
Thanks for a well thought out reply.

Trailsnail.:)

Last edited:

PyletSnviper

Likes Dirt
mate like anything.. you get what you pay for

a 500$ ringle will have a smile on ur face for about a year and a half before it dies

a da bomb one costling like 250$ will have you rolling sweet for about a year.. but no clicking/purring noise

so really... look what others have on a bike sillilar to yours and try to find a equal level of hub.

like your not gonna put a hadley on a ac for example... or ur not gonna put a formula on a demo9 ... hope that makes sence?

v1llage1d1ot

Likes Dirt

a 500$ ringle will have a smile on ur face for about a year and a half before it dies

a da bomb one costling like 250$ will have you rolling sweet for about a year.. but no clicking/purring noise

so really... look what others have on a bike sillilar to yours and try to find a equal level of hub.

like your not gonna put a hadley on a ac for example... or ur not gonna put a formula on a demo9 ... hope that makes sence?
Why wouldn't you put a hadley on an AC? Will the bike snob police get you? There is nothing wrong with wanting to run quality hubs. I agree with you on the formula on the demo tho.

trailsnail

Likes Dirt

Sorry if my original post was confusing.
But thank you for the advice,
Im happy with my KHE Geisha, which suits my urban riding.

Copying others gear is great if you are new to the sport and are unsure on what you want from a part,
but after a while you are going to find certin things you want form a part.
Then you may have to make some decisions for yourself to get what you realy want.

Trailsnail.