Dh meeting!!!!! CHANGE OF DATE.

mhuth1

Likes Dirt
Ok so being head of the dh committee in the club now i spose we getter get some things happening!!!!

So we all can all start to plan things, a meeting for the DH side of the club (XC is welcome to come aswell :)) will be held on TUESDAY THE 3RD OF APRIL AT SIX THIRTY at the spotted cow.

We can start to organize:

Runs days
Track improvements and suggestions
Help for the DH race in may
Runs days
And have a beer

If you could post and let us know whos interested in coming it would be appriciated :)

Cheers guys.
Love from Huthy.

Last edited:

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would love to come but unfortunately I work night shift Monday to Friday. Any chance of making it on a weekend during the day?

Was disappointed to see the meeting rescheduled because I think there is something that needs addressing fairly urgently……..the dh race,

As some of you will know TMBC has been pencilled in to host a Sunshine Series downhill round on Sunday May 6th, not much more than a month away. At this point however I haven’t seen any official confirmation or promotion of the series by MTBA or the state coordinator which makes me wonder if Sunshine Series will even happen this year. That being the case, I think the club needs to make a decision now as to whether it wants to press ahead with a dh race in May regardless of whether it turns out to be part of the Sunshine series or not. There’s a fair amount of leg work involved in organising and running these races and only limited time left available to get things sorted so what does everyone think?

The club has relied heavily in the past on this annual event for financial security so there is a monetary incentive to make it happen, however I calculate the break even point is somewhere in excess of 100 riders so could a stand alone TMBC event with a month’s notice expect to attract at least this many competitors?

I wasn’t planning on having a whole lot to do with running this years race but am happy to get involved to some extent and provide advice to organisers where needed. Attached is a jobs list for these races for anyone interested in getting their hands dirty.

Attachments

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks Mark for chipping in. I totally agree with Mark's comments and it would be good if he did not get lumped with all of the running around given how much he has contributed to the club over the past few years.
Cheers
Ryan