dh lessons

just wondering if there is anyone doing dh lessons or instructing in vic for the average rider
i know the pros have got coaches but have never herd of any one just paying for lessons im keen as to get some if any one knows where you can

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
I think Ben Watkins was doing a skills clas or something like that up at Barjarg, But i think its a beginner type thing...

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jared Rando and Ben Corey run them at Thredbo and around Canberra, but they are both OS racing for another 6 months or so.
If you are interested and can wait the link's www.jaredrando.com

I'm pretty sure Rob Eva was doing skills clinics too, dunno where or when. Try reva@bigpond.net.au

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
Skills Clinic

Yes boys and girls, we will be doing another skills clinic very soon and we will announce all details by the end of this week. Ill post the info/flyer all over the web so y'all can check iut out.

Basically the clinic will be for any kids over ten (male or female) and all beginners and intermediate riders. The clinic will consist of working on jumping, cornering, braking and general bike handling skills and will be a one day course, with riders choice of a sat or sun. The course will be valuable to both downhill AND xc riders wishing to learn the basics or brush up and improve on thier current skills.

Any super keen riders can do both days if they wish.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
After not reading the Long Gully skills clinic dates properly, confusing 2005 with 2006.
I was a sad panda but anymore now that the Barjarg clinic is on sweet, I will say it again good on ya Ben Watkins, just finished listening to your Triple J interview.

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
triple j interveiw

Dude do you know that on the day I did that interveiw on Triple J we got SEVENTEEN THOUSAND hits on our web site THAT DAY. I thought that was a pretty good step in the right direction for mountain biking.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Damn right it was congrats, hope all goes well for you there at SMBP. Your my hero just ahead of Grip;)
PS. Loved that line you took at Barjarg jumping down off the rock onto the kinda rock garden.

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
barjarg

yeah that line is my own little peice of canada. everyone thought it was nuts but its actually a pretty good landing apart from looking very evil. spread the word on the skills clinic hey.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Sure will buddy my mates and more will be getting the lowdown tommorrow. Gonna be a good two days of riding and my caravan and annex(at Eildon about an hour away) is looking mighty fine.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Venciferus said:
Damn right it was congrats, hope all goes well for you there at SMBP. Your my hero just ahead of Grip;)
PS. Loved that line you took at Barjarg jumping down off the rock onto the kinda rock garden.
What the...?:) Gee thanks... and after I let you slip the tongue too:mad: . I know.... it's because Ben can ride and I can't... right?:rolleyes: