DH Day in Beechworth 28th May

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
beechworth

I think some better planning when choosing your event date would be better in future, as clashing with other clubs and events is bad for every one, us and yourself included.

stainless

Likes Bikes
Your clinic is the following weekend, (that a few of us from here plan to go to, if we are still allowed) this is a simply a shuttle day for anyone that wants to come. There is no instruction provided.
There is a big rodie/XC fraternity here, who we are giving the opportunity to do something different without feeling intimidated. They are not looking to improve race times, or get bigger whips, they might want to ride a DH track though. I think we are aiming at a different crowd than you.
There is also alot of downhillers here that shuttle in small groups every weekend, this is a chance for them to all get together and ride.
The calendars are pretty chockers with events and other commitments and if there is an opportunity to promote Downhill or anything MTB related i think we should take it.

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
beechworth

Of course everyone is welcome/allowed at our clinic, you guys included. and I realise that the calendar is very full, which is why we pushed a few events back several months. If you ran two races on back to back weekends both events would lose some numbers, thats all im saying mate.

Last edited:

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow , too many DH events. What a luxury to be faced with such a dilemma !

This Beechworth event will be the first of many days planned for these type of events. As Stainless said , these are aimed at novices and XC riders on easy trails , you wouldn't even call them real DH tracks , but with enough tech on them to challenge , especially if you ride them fast. Of course , experienced DHers are more than welcome too.

So don't stress people , if you can't get to this one there will be more to come.

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
It clashes with a heap of NSW things too. Did you only just put a notice up about this, or was there an earlier one I missed???

If I didn't have an inured rider, we'd probably make the trip to Beechworth, but then miss out on the MTNX at SOP, or the XC round....

OK, so I'm probably one of the few idiots that drive that far just for a ride :p

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
I am going to the Beechworth fun day and hope to get to Barjarg aswell. Most of the people I know that are going to Beechworth have never riden down hill and I dont think they would go to a clinic untile after they had done a little down hill and enjoyed it to see that later on a clinic would help there riding along. There can never be to many down hill days more the better. They both sound like great days and cant see them taking from each other. Hope to see a lot of riders at both.

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If we werent already busy that weekend it would have been great to take my gf there for a ride cause the track sounds like its good and easy enough for her to ride as well and its nice and cheap.
Hope the weekend goes well for you guys

gravity

Likes Dirt
Just a reminder about the DH Fun Shuttle day at Beechworth, u MUST pre-enter or contact us by phone as we are providing vehicle transport and catering and must allow for this. Thanks. Hope to see some farkiners there.

Cheers, Paul

p.s.- just because it's advertised as a "beginner" friendly DH shuttle day u don't have to be a beginner DH'er. Shuttles will be going all the time and u can simply ride at whatever pace u like. There are generally easier lines on the DH trails we are using but there are also some challenging and fun trails that can be ridden

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If anyone from Albury or Wodonga wants to come to the ride day , but can't get there , I can give you a lift. PM me if keen.:)

stainless

Likes Bikes
Great day

This event has been and gone.
It was a great turnout with 23 riders hitting both tracks for the day. A big thanx goes to the drivers of the shuttle cars, (Cal, Tony, Paul, Sue and Brett).:)
I had great feedback from the riders on the day and going by that, everyone said they had a good time.
It was great to see a variety of skill levels and with a bit of encouragement (sure you can do it, what’s the worst that can happen) most riders could hit most of the lines.

Overall a great time was had by all and I hope to see even more riders in the future.:)

PS: Stanley on 11 June:):):):):), more details soon

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
stainless said:
Overall a great time was had by all and I hope to see even more riders in the future.:)
PS: Stanley on 11 June:):):):):), more details soon
Great to hear it went well. Im looking forward to June 11. Ill see you there. It will be the first time i have ridden there and I can't wait.

Ps.. If you can make it there is a ride day @ Barjarg this sunday (have to email us first though.) Then Mt Stanley next weekend, then 4x race in melb the weekend after that.. There is enough events on in victoria to make everyone happy! What lier said there is never anything on in vic???

stainless

Likes Bikes
there is a couple of us that already had our entries in a few weeks ago, so we'll see you in barjarg on sun