Devinci Hucker

Toxic

Likes Dirt
After four years of riding a 5 inch travel bike (98 Rocky Mountain DH t.o.) I came to the conclusion that I was becoming a lazy rider and letting the suspension get me out of trouble. So I got this frame for an extremely good price from Kerry at Phantom Cycles. All the parts came off the Rocky (and they'll go back on next time I do some DH. Maybe). This is mainly for trail rides, but it will probably see some DH runs.

Frame: 04 Devinci Hucker (medium)
Forks: 04 Marzocchi DJ2 QR20 Plus.
Cranks: FSA X-Drive 3 piece BMX cranks.
Chainguide: DMR Speedguide.
Shifter: SRAM X7 trigger.
Rear derailleur: SRAM X7.
Front brake: Shimano XT.
Rear brake: Avid AD3.
Front wheel: 521 on Aireal hub.
Rear wheel: 521 on Shimano LX hub.
Seat: Tioga Nico DH.
Stem: Funn Serial Killa
Bars: Azonic.
Pedals: Odyssey BMX.

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
loks very nice, apart from the massive seat height.
Looks like the frame will take a hell of a beating and the build looks the goods too.
How does it ride?

Toxic

Likes Dirt
The seat is actually the perfect height for trail riding. It's at min insertion height.

How's it ride? Solid. It's heavy, but I need the exercise. I rode it at the Mont with two chainrings and it was good fun. Awesome descender. No flex anywhere and it takes very little to get it moving.

floody

Wheel size expert
bikeman_baldrik said:
loks very nice, apart from the massive seat height.
And massive seat! :shock:

Looks like a fun ride!
Any pics of the rocky that preceded it?

patto_15

Wheel size expert
that is a cool as ride you got there Toxic. the seat is pretty beefy though. get some pic's of rocky.

Toxic

Likes Dirt
This is the best I've got on hand. Got some "standing still" analog shots at home somewhere.

Spooky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks sweet, but yeh, the seat does not go....and watch the paint surface, those bikes are very prone to easy rubbing and the always show up marks!

Yes, I am a poseur..

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
how much was the bargin on the frame?
looks quite nice, and another one crossing over from the darkside... (DS 2 HT)

Toxic

Likes Dirt
The matte finish on the frame picks up every piece of grease that comes within 10 feet of it. The seat is surprisingly comfortable. Did the Oaks on Sunday and was not sore or uncomfortable at all. For $10 you can't go wrong.

The price? $350 with post. I don't know if Kerry or the importer has anymore, but it could be worth a phone call.

tommo_nip

Likes Dirt
that is a very nice ride, i love those frames and its looks like it would ride very nice, but i think you should cut a good 20cm off that post and about 30 off the seat lol, u could almost lie down on that thing :shock:

Rik

logged out
The seat's too low?
Toxic said:
This is mainly for trail rides
What more does he need to say? Do you ride around with your knees around your ears? Do you like the feeling of your knee cartlidge grinding away whilst your muscles tear themselves apart? If not, then there's nothing wrong with a high seat height, especially for trail riding.
Sheesh, too many people stuck in a narrow mindset.

Toxic

Likes Dirt
Exactly. This bike was built up as one to do all. QR seat collars are useful. As Homer would say, Seat goes up. Seat goes down. Seat goes up. Seat goes down.

As for seat size, the long seat is great for grabbing with your knees and the technical descents. And being Kevlar, I won't shred it on my first stack like I did the Bel-Air it replaced.

dylma

Likes Dirt
that is one of the nicer bike frames ive seen. it sure looks like it can take a beating, and the componentry is fair nice as well!