DH Demo 9 build up! updated its now rideable (new pics)

Traumaboy

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
I finaly have decided to retire my 2003 bighit comp after i couldn't get a harder spring for the shock as it was so old. I picked up a demo 9 frame from Spearmans cycles in wollongong for $750, the frame was brand new straight out of the box im the first owner. I have scince started building it up slowly as the money comes in (apprenticship wages = shit).

Frame: Demo 9
Forks: Rockshox domains 318 ( looking to upgrade maybe boxxers)
wheels: Sun-ringle A.D.D. wheel set (front and rear jumping flea ups on mtx rims)
Headset: Dabomb Nuclear anodised gold
Stem: sunline v1 downhill
Bars:sunline V1 bars
Grips: Sunline
Cranks: Hammerschmidt guide with front x-9 shifter(Best thing ever)
Shock: DHX 5 air
Brakes:Hayes hfx-9's (ordered this arvo Avid Elixir R's)
Derailleur: sram X-9 with X-9 shifter.
Chain:Shimano Durace
Cassette:Shimano SLX 28-11
Tyres: Maxis minons supertacky's 2.5 rear 2.7 front
seat: pro light gel

Attachments

Last edited:

hazza6542

Eats Squid
$750 for a brand new Demo frame? Thats awesome! How does it ride? I'd love to try out a new Vivid. I've just ordered a new spring from Mortdale too:p.
What sort of Boxxer's are you looking at getting? 2009 or the new 2010 models?
Sweet ride either way.

Traumaboy

Likes Dirt
I havn't ridin it yet see the rear wheel for the picture is held in with a screw driver as i havn't made an axle yet at work. I can't buy anormal axle as i made the mistake of not checking my drop out size on the frame, the drop outs are 15mm and the hub is 12mm so i need to make some fancy axle at work. i was thinking maybe 2010 boxxers but i don't know if i want to spend the two grand on a set of forks.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
I havn't ridin it yet see the rear wheel for the picture is held in with a screw driver as i havn't made an axle yet at work. I can't buy anormal axle as i made the mistake of not checking my drop out size on the frame, the drop outs are 15mm and the hub is 12mm so i need to make some fancy axle at work. i was thinking maybe 2010 boxxers but i don't know if i want to spend the two grand on a set of forks.
How much do you need to upgrade on this bike? This may be a bit too far, but...
http://tbsm.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2035
And as for two grand for the boxxer, thats only the world cup. I think your best option is going for the team. But what I would personally go for, the 2009 and before models. If you dont mind blue, a brand new Boxxer World Cup for $1299 is pretty damn good I think.
http://tbsm.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1980

Traumaboy

Likes Dirt
Ill just run my domains for the time being. Im not 100% sure what forks i want yet. might even go for totems. Im just spending money of a nshock and brakes at the moment so i can ride it (i just can't wait) then ill save for some forks.