DEEMAX. neww wheels. what should i do

harry13

Likes Dirt
hey, ive got deemax on my bike and the backwheel is rooted, and its going to cost me $450 to repair so iwas wondering what i should do. im hopfully going to long gully this weekend so i need a wheel quick. options....

1. Just put the new axel in (i snapped the old one) and just race long gully and then do something about it.

2. Spend the $450 and get it fixed (its an 06 wheel so its old) and ride it till i need a new one.

3. Buy a new Deemax and yeh.

4. Buy a completly new wheel or wheelset, if so what should i buy? im kinda thinking something a little cheaper then the Deemax but nothing really cheap and dodgy.

cheers.:cool:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
whats wrong with it? exp to fix, doesnt sound right..

you could buy a new deemax wheel for that..

tom_burford_orr

Likes Dirt
I love MTX's. Mine have been great. They are super strong and not to heavy. I would definitely back up kona_stuff_boy on this one.
depending on the shop prices range from about $90-$120

do-a-flip

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i would buy an MTX or buy another demaxx off chain reaction. the price it will cost to fix could buy you a new wheel.

harry13

Likes Dirt
im looking for a whole wheel, and i need it this weekend so i cant really order hub, rim and spokes in in time for the weeknd i dont think.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Feeling ya. My rear deemax is stuffed also, and I got a similar quote for repair.

Just throw in a new axle if you can get away with that for now, then have a good long think about a new wheel. Don't make a hasty decision.

harry13

Likes Dirt
yeh im thinking about putting the axel in and riding it, but it makes this farked up noise adn the quicker i go the louder it goes,