Crash Pics Thread

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
Here's my effort. Went to the you yangs with xc buddy's and decieded to leave my knee pads in the car as wasn't expecting a hardcore day.
Anywho was riding really well and got a bit carried away when passing through the jump park. Landed the first two jumps but got a bit more air than expected on the third and bailed. Landed on my feet at top of jump but the ground was so slippy i ended up knee sliding all the way down.
16 stiches in left knee, 3 in the right, 3 weeks off work without pay and a new addiction to Mcgyver.
Ejoy

Attachments

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
That's just gross. Can't believe you got that much torn out of your knee.... I ALWAYS wear my knee pads when I ride provided it's DH, XC or DJ. But if it's road riding then I wouldn't bother as I take it easy doing so and there's no reason to rush.

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
it was the first time I didn't wear my pads at the you yangs, feel quite stupid leaving them in the car.
I Was so paranoid when I started riding again I even wore pads while riding the yarra trails for a couple of weeks. Knee is fine now though and back on the bike ,thanks to the staff at St. Vincents. Won't be making that mistake again

Shredden

Knows his goats
Kinda happy I didnt see that photo before I raced Vic State DH champs without kneepads ahah!

Narby.jpg

Left them at home by accident, would have been a confidence killer for sure, especially considering some parts get up above 60kmh ;)

jazza_wil

Likes Dirt
anyone thats seen the 'train wreck' just out of whistler will know this one and how much it would have sucked!
from what a mate told me the end snapped as he went off it and nosed dived. he walked away

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
74760_375692522472681_100000958097960_1074707_1028493774_n.jpg
My mate was Doing a road ride. and got hit by a car. He was fine, he got up and felt a mass pain in his knee and then saw the cut. the skin was flapped down. he then had to ride to nearest hospital.

mtb-nate

Likes Bikes
me vs bright yellow porsche

face.jpg
crashed into the back of a yellow porsche on the way home from work
12 stitches in chin and lip,,
still trying to get the video of the repair work to my face up

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Yesterday.

Descending Mt. Wellington, decided to go via Ridgeway where there is a great bit of tarmac that hits about a 20% gradient for about 400 metres.

Got to the bottom, sharp right wet corner. One of those corners that never ever dries out because of the slow trickle of water that goes over it.
Which means lots of slippery green moss.

Laid her over when the front wheel hit the wet stuff. Skidded into the bank at about 50kph.

Quite lucky only got a few scratches. So slippery I just glided over the wet icy cold blue stone.

The Finger

The Leg

The Hip

The Bike

Bike's OK. Bent RD, a few scratches and a cable ripped out of derailleur, and my shoe buckle is muntered. Helmet's got a few scratches.
But, all in all not too bad considering how bad it could have been.

camzh

Likes Dirt

Came up short over a double at Homebush 4X track.

Should have listened to the wife who said to not try and got for that particular one that day...